Power Steering and Accelerator Recall

Had a look at that, complete waste of time. All it tells you is that the tyre pressures are listed on the filler flap. Just checked mine now & there is no PSI number given, which is what we need in the UK. It might as well be written in Japanese for what use it is. Thanks anyway.

You are right again! Complete waste of time indeed! It is so difficult to convert bars to psi...

Not to mention that most pressure gauges in gas stations in Europe display both psi and bars.

Anyway, please post your tire size and I will tell you the correct tire pressure in psi.

Edited by harisma23
  • Like 1

I now finally have an answer back from the dealer/mechanic.

Basically... There some kind of block that they stick somewhere in the suspension to stop the car from rolling/moving about when in transport and there were still 2 of these on the front of the car, this was causing the suspension to be really stiff! How the car is now - softer and spongy is how it should feel I am told?

I'm not at all happy and the garage knows this, the fact that I've been driving around in a potentially dangerous car for the last 9 months because somebody obviously didn't do their pre-handover checks correctly!

You are right again! Complete waste of time indeed! It is so difficult to convert bars to psi...

Not to mention that most pressure gauges in gas stations in Europe display both psi and bars.

Anyway, please post your tire size and I will tell you the correct tire pressure in psi.

My tyre size is 15"

I now finally have an answer back from the dealer/mechanic.

Basically... There some kind of block that they stick somewhere in the suspension to stop the car from rolling/moving about when in transport and there were still 2 of these on the front of the car, this was causing the suspension to be really stiff! How the car is now - softer and spongy is how it should feel I am told?

I'm not at all happy and the garage knows this, the fact that I've been driving around in a potentially dangerous car for the last 9 months because somebody obviously didn't do their pre-handover checks correctly!

If you want a stiffer suspension then you should fit Eibachs springs which are warranty acceptable with Skoda. Gives it a 30mm drop too [emoji4]

The ride is much more planted and precise afterwards [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you want a stiffer suspension then you should fit Eibachs springs which are warranty acceptable with Skoda. Gives it a 30mm drop too [emoji4]

The ride is much more planted and precise afterwards [emoji106]

I wouldn't mind getting a set to be honest! I got used to the harsh ride before the service, now it just feels terrible! But its what you get used too I suppose!

How much are the Eibachs? Would Skoda have to fit them for the warranty to remain intact?

Mine were fitted as goodwill but the dealer did charge SUK full retail for parts and fitting which was £287.

Any independent can fit them. Eibachs are warranty approved. You don't have to use Skoda [emoji106]

It makes the car ride so much better and looks better too being lower than Skodas high suspension. Very positive cornering now with no body roll [emoji106][emoji4]

Mine were fitted as goodwill but the dealer did charge SUK full retail for parts and fitting which was £287.

Any independent can fit them. Eibachs are warranty approved. You don't have to use Skoda [emoji106]

It makes the car ride so much better and looks better too being lower than Skodas high suspension. Very positive cornering now with no body roll [emoji106][emoji4]

Do you have nay pictures of how the car sits/looks now? :)

A few for you

4d843d3bd57756f67564e87dc04d1596.jpg

07387d3d0afe2c510ba2e28c9cb65ed1.jpg

5a2ce0f3ec3f1c4807a450b170d80745.jpg

TEMPING!!

I kind of got used to the harsh bumpy ride before my service so I will probably go down this route!

Thanks!

It's not really harsh or bumpy. It feels more stable with no body roll. A comfy drive now [emoji106][emoji4]

I'd highly recommend them as the arch gap when new is ridiculous.

Mine looked like ^^that^^ the other day, I had been to Wickes though for 3 bags of sand and a bag of cement. :p

It did actually look good lowered, I'll consider doing it the proper way sometime. :D

Edited by MickA
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Can anyone help with these two recalls?

I've just bought a second-hand (one year old) Rapid which was involved in a serious accident within days of purchase, which I believe to be related to the accelerator problem.

I've discovered that the previous owner did not action the recalls.

Initially Skoda were very helpful with details on the Power Steering and Accelerator recalls, but as soon as I mentioned the accident they 'went legal' and refused to answer any more questions unless put through their legal team. The legal department deny that there are any outstanding recalls on this car and insist there have never been any recalls on this model.

It would be helpful if anyone has a copy of the recall notices they could let me have.

Hi,

I've just bought a second-hand (one year old) Rapid which was involved in a serious accident within days of purchase, which I believe to be related to the accelerator problem.

I've discovered that the previous owner did not action the recalls.

Initially Skoda were very helpful with details on the Power Steering and Accelerator recalls, but as soon as I mentioned the accident they 'went legal' and refused to answer any more questions unless put through their legal team. The legal department deny that there are any outstanding recalls on this car and insist there have never been any recalls on this model.

It would be helpful if anyone has a copy of the recall notices they could let me have.

It wasn't a VOSA listed safety recall.  

It was I think a VAG "Product Enhancement."

I haven't  had mine done yet.

Edited by camelspyyder

Hi,

I've just bought a 1-year old Rapid which was involved in a serious accident within days of purchase, which I now believe to be related to the Accelerator problem.

Initially Skoda were very helpful with details of the two recalls, advising that the previous owner had not actioned them, but as soon as I mentioned the accident they 'went legal' and refused to answer any more questions.  VW Legal Department now deny that there ever were any recalls on this model and the accident must have been driver error.

I would help me lot if anyone has a copy of these recall notices they could let me have a scan of.

Sorry.  Duplicated because it didn't seem to accept it first time.

Edited by Krispix

It wasn't a VOSA listed safety recall.  

It was I think a VAG "Product Enhancement."

I haven't  had mine done yet.

Thanks Camelspyyder, but have you got the notices you could scan for me?

Nope. SEAT didn't tell me about them until...

I phoned the supplying dealer who eventually found out that the Toledo (pre April or May 14 build I believe) had the same issues as the Rapid, but I've never been notified in writing.  Very few Skoda owners were either as far as I remember.