Non Skoda Arm-Rests

So, just to update for any future searchers...

It's in, all good. Is quite wobbly compared to the Genuine part, this seems to be because it only attaches to the plastic of the console between the front seats, not to the chassis like the genuine part.

It also appears shorter, so great because you can use the handbrake easier, but if you're a shorter person and have the seat forward you may be perching on the edge a lot more... or may not make use of it at all if you've got the seat all the way forward.

It's bigger on the inside too. Than the genuine part that is, not like a TARDIS or anything...

Anyhow, thanks for the tips. I'd be happy spending a few quid more for attachments that fixed this to the chassis, but am happy with it for the price, and is as comfortable as the genuine for me.

Also - if you fit one of these, I suggest you drill some pilot holes for the screws. Makes life much easier!

I would agree with this review word for word. Wobbly but perfectly usable and for the price you can't expect it to match OEM quality.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

So, finally got around ordering and installing this non-OE one.

It looks surprisingly good, it's a bit wobbly yes, but solid enough. Having a look at it, it could be very easily modified so, that the screw going into the chassis in the cup holder would hold the arm rest as well.

Although I'm not sure if the plastic (in the arm-rest) could take the stress, the feel of it makes me think it needs to flex. Bolted down too solid, would it snap..?

It's usable, but a bit too low for my liking (I'm tall-ish), is the OE one at the same level?

Edited by Laars

So, finally got around ordering and installing this non-OE one.

It looks surprisingly good, it's a bit wobbly yes, but solid enough. Having a look at it, it could be very easily modified so, that the screw going into the chassis in the cup holder would hold the arm rest as well.

Although I'm not sure if the plastic (in the arm-rest) could take the stress, the feel of it makes me think it needs to flex. Bolted down too solid, would it snap..?

It's usable, but a bit too low for my liking (I'm tall-ish), is the OE one at the same level?

Easiest thing to do would be nip to the local skoda dealers and have a sit in one with the oem armrest fitted

Edited by fabiamk2SE

i plumped for the oem from skoda in the roomster 

easy to fit although one top tip i learned while fitting was to make sure the tools you use are magnetic i dropped the last bolt of the 4 that hold it to the tunnel and spent 10 minutes trying to fish it out ended up taking the 3 other bolts out to start again with a magnet set  

• Like 1