Turbocharged 1.0ltr triple.....

thekrankis

Id bet the Citigo will get thr 1.0 TSI in some guise (probably 90ps) in the not too distant future.

I can see VW now officially making the UP! GT powered by the new 110ps version....though am doubting the Citigo will get such a variant.

.....I could see a 1.0 TSI 90 Monte selling like hot cakes.

Im half tempted to get a Citigo in time as a cheap commuting car, would like a Monte but the lack of 75ps engine option rather puts me off. Ive had a MC as a courtesy car though and loved every minute of it....performance aside felt it drove better and was more fun than my Octavia Mk3 150 TDI.

.....I could see a 1.0 TSI 90 Monte selling like hot cakes.

Im half tempted to get a Citigo in time as a cheap commuting car, would like a Monte but the lack of 75ps engine option rather puts me off. Ive had a MC as a courtesy car though and loved every minute of it....performance aside felt it drove better and was more fun than my Octavia Mk3 150 TDI.

apparently there is little noticeable difference between the 60ps and 75ps engines.

If the Up! GT goes on sale would be around £14k, that's a lot for a little car, could get a Fiesta ST for not much more.

apparently there is little noticeable difference between the 60ps and 75ps engines.

If the Up! GT goes on sale would be around £14k, that's a lot for a little car, could get a Fiesta ST for not much more.

So I gather....torque output is the same just the 75hp has a bit more top end power and apparently shorter gearing.

The 60hp one I used didnt feel underpowered but did need a bit of revving on steep inclines...seems weird that the MC isnt offered in 75hp guise given it is effectively the pinacle sports model.

I think id still go for a 75ps Elegance overall, standard winter pack etc.

RE the UP GT I do agree 14k is alot of money to pay for an UP.....but it would be effectively the modern day Mk1 Golf GTI and I am sure it will come well equipped too.

110ps, 6 gears, 146 lb/ft torque in something weighing less than a ton is going to be a bit of a hoot.

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 1

So I gather....torque output is the same just the 75hp has a bit more top end power and apparently shorter gearing.

The 60hp one I used didnt feel underpowered but did need a bit of revving on steep inclines...seems weird that the MC isnt offered in 75hp guise given it is effectively the pinacle sports model.

I think id still go for a 75ps Elegance overall, standard winter pack etc.

RE the UP GT I do agree 14k is alot of money to pay for an UP.....but it would be effectively the modern day Mk1 Golf GTI and I am sure it will come well equipped too.

110ps, 6 gears, 146 lb/ft torque in something weighing less than a ton is going to be a bit of a hoot.

I don't think there is any difference in gearing. I agree 100% about it being odd the MC didn't come with 75ps, also a shame it doesn't have stop start. I still went with a MC as the spec is really good, and the interior looks and feels a nice place to be. I also think externally it looks more special.

Each to their own I guess

I don't think there is any difference in gearing. I agree 100% about it being odd the MC didn't come with 75ps, also a shame it doesn't have stop start. I still went with a MC as the spec is really good, and the interior looks and feels a nice place to be. I also think externally it looks more special.

Each to their own I guess

No I do agree about the MC....it looks really good with the deeper front bumper and black wheels...also the interior is nice...the steering wheel did really make it for me being basically an Octy vRS wheel without the badging.

If I did get an MC though I think id have to ask the dealers to remove the chequer foils as they really arent my cup of tea. Also gather you cant get electric heated mirrors on the MC which again is a shame.

No I do agree about the MC....it looks really good with the deeper front bumper and black wheels...also the interior is nice...the steering wheel did really make it for me being basically an Octy vRS wheel without the badging.

If I did get an MC though I think id have to ask the dealers to remove the chequer foils as they really arent my cup of tea. Also gather you cant get electric heated mirrors on the MC which again is a shame.

Yes heated mirrors would have been nice, just another thing to scrape of ice on a winters morning, in the south this isn't a major issue to be honest, and it's not like once they are cleared that they then ice up again. Foils wouldn't be hard to remove TBH. The steering wheel is a nice touch, you can spec it for £190 on any citigo though