Bluetooth Dialing Error, Bolero - Octavia 64 plate vRS

Hi folks,

Today I've had a very strange error with my phone and the bluetooth in my 64 plate Octavia VRS Bolero. The phone is a Sony xperia Z3 running android 5.0.2. The phone connects fine, downloads contacts and the media audio plays no problem. I can view my contacts and recent calls.

Then, when I try to make or recieve a call the bluetooth connection appears to fail. In fact, I get a Dial Up Error on the Bolero and in the maxi dot I get the message, "Please connect a mobile phone." I checked my mobile and it had dialed and was ringing out but only on the handset. I then ended the phone call on the handset, the phone then reconnected to the Bolero, the media began to play and I could again see the phone and contacts.

Can anyone please advise on this error? The phone worked fine with the previous version of Andriod. I suspect that it might be due to the Andriod 5 update.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Yep, tried last night and still didn't work. I tried my wife's Samsung s4 running android 4.2.2 and that worked.

It must be either an option in the z3 or something to do with the Android update and bluetooth.

Anyone else have any knowledge or a solution?

Rich

My Lollipop-upgraded Z2 has no problems making calls via my Amundsen head unit - although the address book is now a bit weird and seems to generate multiple copies of the same contact (see here)