Citigo Panoramic Sunroof

Polemicist

is the sunroof covered under the glass part of insurance? i.e. if the sunroof is smashed you pay a reduced excess and your no claims aren't affected?

Mike

This was brought up on the Tiguan forum and it seems that most insurers don't cover the sunroof under the glass section.... The glass section only seems to cover "windows" not roofs.

This was brought up on the Tiguan forum and it seems that most insurers don't cover the sunroof under the glass section.... The glass section only seems to cover "windows" not roofs.

Good to know

Update: I received an email this morning from Auto Express, and was asked if I would be prepared to photographed with the car for an article in the magazine.

I have said yes.

This might be your solution.  I had problems with a Mercedes a few years back - Whatcar took up my case and put an article in the magazine.  Within 24 hours of Whatcar contacting Mercedes saying they were going to publish an article, they offered me a brand new replacement car.  Media power works (sometimes!).

• Like 1

If it was printed in Autoexpress id expect Skoda to do something. 

At times it seems like Skoda sponsor Autoexpress as they seem to get lots of "car of the year" awards and praised for being a good brand when they clearly aren't. Skodas dealerships are also full of autoexpress "specials" praising them and their cars.

I'd doubt theyd want any bad press.

The only worry is that if Skoda threaten to withdraw their "sponsorship" and the article doesn't get printed.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Prompted by VW's current media profile, I ought to say that nothing came of Auto Express's initial interest in my issues with the Citigo.

I disposed of the Citigo a few weeks ago; the rear brakes were binding after being parked for a day or so.

There's now a shiny and reliable Toyota parked where the Citigo once languished - and there's more than a little schadenfreude being enjoyed at VAG's expense.

• Like 1

I remember a few year's ago whilst working at a vw dealership a gentleman brought his Volkswagen in. His dog had eaten a rear seat belt. He wanted it replaced under warranty. I asked him what dog he had ? He replied a labrador oh I said no it won't be covered because it's not even a german breed. .......I get my coat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk