Aldi car polisher - £15 well spent or junk?

Its OK for applying glazes/liquid waxes (Possibly)..but thats all

You certainly will struggle to correct paintwork with it..Thats for sure

IMO..Save your money and save up for a DA Polisher instead

Agreed, don't waste your money buy a cheap DA even a basic second hand would be good.

Check eBay out.

• Like 1

That's what I thought would be the verdict. Ta.

I've had a go with one & they are quite hard to control. It's not much more for a DA polisher. But that's just my opinion.

Agreed I'd rather pay the extra for a DA but I just thought if on a budget it might be ok, plus it's Megs! Might not be too bad.
  • Like 1

Plentiful deals on DA's; and that's where you would be better investing your cash 

You will get better results, visible improvements and more enjoyment with the DA i'm sure!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I bought one of these a while back. I found it very unwieldy (especially on vertical surfaces) and not at all efficient. I binned it after the first use!

• Like 1

I was bought a power devil version as a present some errrr10 to 12_years ago. I love it for putting wax or sealant on, I find it simple to use and saves time and effort.   Also find for fine polishing ( my experience was with AG SRP).   I don't doubt a DAS-6 or such is in a different league though.   Think I'll be getting one or those before long. In the meantime, the buffer is easier than waxing by hand.

• 3 weeks later...

In the '60s I worked with a guy who had been on the body shop staff at Park Ward & Milliners the coach builders that used to put bespoke bodies on Rolls Royces. I always remember him saying that if you were caught polishing a car in a circular fashion it was a stackable offence. He said polishing should always be done in a straight line along the panel. Poishing is, in essence, micro-scratching the surface so the light doesnt get diffused on all those circular scratches.

Food for thought.