vrs TDI - 225/40 R18 -Michelin Pilot Sport 3 vs Voidyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2

From another thread I posted on.

I've had F1A2s fitted to the front of my Superb for 14k miles and have ordered a replacement set. I had Michelin PS3s on the car when I bought it and whilst good, the wet weather performance below 4mm dropped off significantly. You sacrifice a bit of turn in on F1A2 compared to the PS3s but prefer the feel through the corner. They just grip and grip and grip. I very really see the TCS light, only on hard acceleration on wet roads (and with 2.5mm or below).

I've gone for a complete set all round as the PS3s lasted just under 12k miles and cost more.

I used F1 Autocentres and have paid £352 all in for 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 92Y XL 225/40YR18 (#2254018GDY04). Was priced at £90.10 ea yesterday plus I used the code TW2OFF for an additional £2 a corner off. These worked out about £24 more for 4 than some Cooper tyres. I checked my local tyre places and they didn't have stock and said they couldn't get any from suppliers for several weeks.

They are thee best tyre I have used on a car period and suits the Superb very well

From another thread I posted on.

I've had F1A2s fitted to the front of my Superb for 14k miles and have ordered a replacement set. I had Michelin PS3s on the car when I bought it and whilst good, the wet weather performance below 4mm dropped off significantly. You sacrifice a bit of turn in on F1A2 compared to the PS3s but prefer the feel through the corner. They just grip and grip and grip. I very really see the TCS light, only on hard acceleration on wet roads (and with 2.5mm or below).

I've gone for a complete set all round as the PS3s lasted just under 12k miles and cost more.

I used F1 Autocentres and have paid £352 all in for 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 92Y XL 225/40YR18 (#2254018GDY04). Was priced at £90.10 ea yesterday plus I used the code TW2OFF for an additional £2 a corner off. These worked out about £24 more for 4 than some Cooper tyres. I checked my local tyre places and they didn't have stock and said they couldn't get any from suppliers for several weeks.

They are thee best tyre I have used on a car period and suits the Superb very well

Thanks for deatailed comparation. Which is quieter?

I've not used the F1's but I did have Goodyear efficient grips on my Mk1 VRS with 18" wheels, considerably quieter than the previous Yokohama's and the grip and wet weather performance was much improved to.

As and when my tyres need replacing that's what I'll be fitting (a while yet as the car is only a month old and 800 miles). 

Thanks for deatailed comparation. Which is quieter?

Easily the Goodyear's. Especially once they've lost a couple of mm. The Michelin gets noisy below 4mm. The car rolls a lot further when you let of the gas.

I don't get gushing about tyres often but the F1A2s are exceptional.