Anyone keep fish?

MattHunt

For those new to fish- never put fresh water fish straight into a tank with fresh tap water. Get a conditioning solution to get rid of chlorine etc that is in the water.

Would you be better off collecting rain water and putting it through a filter jug thing and using that? (I don't keep fish, was just having a look at the topic and wondered)

Depends on local air quality really. I think some people do that for water hardness issues though.

I have some fish; they are in the freezer, covered in breadcrumbs.

[JOKE ALERT]

mine are not covered in anything, but white ( frozen)fish to be battered ( not thumped) or bread crumbed and shallow fried. Nice with Salad creme or Mayonnaise ,as taste dictates. Also nice , shallow fried as is and covered in a white sauce ,with parsley ,with a touch of mustard added ( to taste) .

This is my tropical tank. Hoping to get a bigger one once I've moved house. 5094DC54-8404-4148-A40D-50B67A217162_zps

Nice tank - what litres you got?

Debating a 180 litre next but need would need a stand.

Well after adding some bicarbonate of soda, waiting 24 hours before adding tapsafe treated water to the tank and the going away for a day....nitrites and nitrates are much lower so there is progress. [emoji2]

• 4 weeks later...

We have added another tank [emoji1]

Here it is after 4 days.

c1ad310711607f73b824c8764bfd0072.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

And at 2 weeks.

900d01e7ee64e26109e8b91463ec310e.jpg

It now has the 2 gourami plus 6 glass catfish and 7 harlequin rasboras.

And at 2 weeks.

900d01e7ee64e26109e8b91463ec310e.jpg

It now has the 2 gourami plus 6 glass catfish and 7 harlequin rasboras.

Be carful of your gourami's as they get very big very quickly and will devour anything small! I had two pearl one's and I had to take them back as they grew huge :(

K:)

• Like 1

Oh...

Mine are dwarf and hopefully will find the rasboras too large. I am off on holiday soon so what shall I return too?

[emoji15]