Mk4 Upgrades?

Hi there. Just wondering what little bits off of other MK4 platform cars are nice little upgrades for the Octavia?

So far I'm obviously upgrading to TT Bushes etc. strut braces maybe soon. Im also looking at swapping to a black carpet (who thought white was a good idea for the VRS?!)

One thing I do fancy doing is soft touch grab handles, obviously would have to modify mine or get R32 ones due to black headlining. Another part that looks like a decent swap is the drivers interior door handle with the switches, the plastic on the octavia is horrible. Would this be a straight swap?

Any other tips? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I've always wanted some S3 seats, don't suppose I'll ever get round to it.  If you're on side mount cooler the golf 4 one is slightly larger, get a genuine one if you do though. R32 or TT front anti roll bar, be wise to get a rear one too if you upgrade the front though as you'll get more understeer.  Golf 4 wiper arms with aero blades.  Lupo cup holder...

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply! My god the Lupo cup holder is fantastic I've never seen that before. I take it that's just a single din thing I can chuck under the radio?

Yeah I think what people do is move the stereo down one because of the gearstick. Think it requires a bit of cutting and fudging but don't ask me how I've never done it. Few on here have, do a Google search with briskoda added, should pop up.

Another part that looks like a decent swap is the drivers interior door handle with the switches, the plastic on the octavia is horrible. Would this be a straight swap?

Yes these are a straight swap as I've the R32 aluminium version in mine ;)

Mate use to have the bora carbon effect one in his but he's since sold the car.

But he listed the carbon handle on ebay (which finishes 21.30 tonight) ebay no 181739232453

• Like 1

Yes these are a straight swap as I've the R32 aluminium version in mine ;)

Mate use to have the bora carbon effect one in his but he's since sold the car.

But he listed the carbon handle on ebay (which finishes 21.30 tonight) ebay no 181739232453

R32 panel sounds nice, is it the same shade as the clocks and would be a decent match for a brushed aluminium wrap by any chance?

I've always wanted some S3 seats, don't suppose I'll ever get round to it.  If you're on side mount cooler the golf 4 one is slightly larger, get a genuine one if you do though. R32 or TT front anti roll bar, be wise to get a rear one too if you upgrade the front though as you'll get more understeer.  Golf 4 wiper arms with aero blades.  Lupo cup holder...

Well if I don't fit my S3 seats they will be available. :D

Oh and good luck on the gearbox and bits and pieces, let me know as I may have some parts spare if they can be interchanged.

Well if I don't fit my S3 seats they will be available. :D

Oh and good luck on the gearbox and bits and pieces, let me know as I may have some parts spare if they can be interchanged.

Thanks for that mate. I'm leaning towards driveshaft for the vibration at the moment. Noise may be exhaust or mount related, will see how it goes and maybe give you a shout.

As for the seats, very tempting but I have to prioritise these issues at the moment. They are nice seats though, look much more supportive and without that blooming white insert. Looks nice when clean but you only have to look at it for it to be filthy.

Thanks for that mate. I'm leaning towards driveshaft for the vibration at the moment. Noise may be exhaust or mount related, will see how it goes and maybe give you a shout.

As for the seats, very tempting but I have to prioritise these issues at the moment. They are nice seats though, look much more supportive and without that blooming white insert. Looks nice when clean but you only have to look at it for it to be filthy.

Aye no worries. A friend who has had lots of mk1s recommended them to me as the best seat he ever had, comfortable and supportive without getting dirty every 5 seconds LOL. Let me know on the drive shafts as I'm sure, need to check to be sure, that I have a complete front set from a TT or R32, if they swap of course.

Aye no worries. A friend who has had lots of mk1s recommended them to me as the best seat he ever had, comfortable and supportive without getting dirty every 5 seconds LOL. Let me know on the drive shafts as I'm sure, need to check to be sure, that I have a complete front set from a TT or R32, if they swap of course.

Ah ha, ok cheers for that. I think they might be but would have to check myself, as far as I know the stuff from their front end mates with the fwd vrs, not sure if there is any differences with the diff or gearbox though...

I say that was a handy way of getting back on topic for the OP!

Ah ha, ok cheers for that. I think they might be but would have to check myself, as far as I know the stuff from their front end mates with the fwd vrs, not sure if there is any differences with the diff or gearbox though...

I say that was a handy way of getting back on topic for the OP!

Hmm I  think they're 6 speed so I would doubt it. Though I do have one of them too, a rebuilt 6 speed box LOL. One day maybe put it in....

Hmm I  think they're 6 speed so I would doubt it. Though I do have one of them too, a rebuilt 6 speed box LOL. One day maybe put it in....

Just a quick bit of research seems to suggest 98-06 tt would 'fit' but how they are attached to the hub differs so the hub would be required as well.

Look great! Thanks :).

Will the bonnet gas strut from a MK4 fit?

Believe so but requires a slight kink at one end iirc. The JOM ones go straight on and are cheap enough though (when they're actually in the country).