Help bad vibration!

Hi guys,

Hoping someone out there can help. My Vrs has developed a nasty vibration through the steering wheel and accelerator peddle. It's almost at all speeds and at tick over I'm getting a resonance through the steering wheel too..... anyone had this happen to them? Can't get it to the garage till Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch I hope not. The car still pulls and changes gear fine tho? No loss in mpg either or clutch slip?

What does any of that have to do with the DMF? The DMF damps engine vibration.

Check all your engine and tranny mounts first.

The DMF damps engine vibration and won't impact on any of that.

Check all your engine and tranny mounts first.

Edited to show you how easy it would have been to be a bit nicer to those who don't know ;):D

• Like 2

Edited to show you how easy it would have been to be a bit nicer to those who don't know ;):D

Hey, I'm just trying to help, generally only teenagers are that touchy jars. It's been a long week.

Briskoda, cathartic to the stressed. :)

OK, so it could be the DMF though it doesn't read like typical symptoms. That the vibration is there at all revs is worrying. If it's the DMF or related, implies it's out of balance/whack. If it's something else, implies "bad looseness" of something that shouldn't be.

Left field suggestion is it's a badly worn engine mount allowing metal on metal vibrations straight through. Could also be the worst worn console bush in the world or something similar too.

• Like 1

Does it do it under hard acceleration ? If so it's not the console bushes and can't see it being any engine mount or the dmf and that's everything stated covered I think does it happen with clutch pressed down

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input guys[emoji106] On tick over I'm feeling a light resonance in the steering wheel, once I pull away I can feel a knocking through my accelerator peddle. The faster I go the more powerful it gets them I'm feeling it in the car through the seat and steering wheel. I've had the console bushes replaced, lowering shocks/springs fitted recently. Also wheel been balanced last week when the vibration wasn't so bad. If the dmf was going/gone I've heard that you can hear them but nothing changes when the clutch peddle is depressed?