ROSS-TECH sale on this weekend ONLY 15% off everything!

Gizmo

As the title suggests, Ross-Tech are celebrating their 15th Anniversary:

"We don't often have sales. In fact, in the 15 years we've been in business, we've had precisely one, for our 10th anniversary. Back then I said, "If you miss this sale, you'll probably have to wait 10 more years for the next one!" Well, I decided to cut the wait in half. So..

This weekend, May 16th and 17th only: Use coupon code "15Years" (without the quotes) to get 15% off anything in our store.  

If you miss this sale, well, it it probably will be five more years before we have another.  smile.png

This is the only place I'm announcing this sale, but I'm giving a few days advance notice this time, to give the fine folks who stop by here time to spread the word. I'd actually appreciate it if you'd link back to this post rather than posting the coupon code directly. 

Depending on the volume this generates, please allow an extra day or two for us to get sale orders out the door.  

Best,

-Uwe-“

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?3011-Ross-Tech-s-15th-Anniversary-Sale!

What does this mean in real terms?

The new HEX-NET (unlimited VINs) is down from $499 (£318) to $424 (£270) + shipping (£37) + import duty.

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS.html

• Like 1

Or buy it from Gendan for £270 + free postage and no import duty...

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

Or Ilexia with free next day delivery for £270

http://www.ilexa.co.uk/acatalog/vagcom.html?gclid=CL3fq_OWxsUCFSsEwwodk2oANA

Just for information - You are obviously allowed to buy from wherever you choose!

I thought so... hence why I ordered one.  :yes:

I have been waiting (patiently) for it to come out of Beta so the UK vendors will stock it, however with the sale I can’t see it ever being any cheaper to buy in the UK.

The only advantage is the fact its wireless (so can be used with a smart phone / iPad etc) which means I can finally get rid of the netbook (and windowz!)... i only use it for VCDS.

It does have a downside though... all coding is now done via the cloud, so you will need an internet / wifi connection, scans and clearing codes can be done ‘off line’ though.

Personally I do not really see it as a downside as I have enough data on my contract to cover me when/if I need to code a car away from a wifi source.

Not sure this will format, but based on net cost of $350

Importing from: United States Importing to: United Kingdom  (view country guide)
The type of product, its value and where it was manufactured
Product description: Cables & Leads Product category: Vehicle diagnostic software  (Upgrade account to get HS code) Product value: US$350.00 Country of manufacture: United States
The cost of shipping and insurance of importing
Shipping costs: US$0.00 Insurance costs: US$0.00
Calculation results US Dollar Euro £ Sterling.

is the amount that customs values your import at - Duty: £0.00 - VAT: £44.50 Total import duty & taxes due: £44.50 This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs Total landed cost: £267.02 This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes     
at exchange rate of 1 GBP = 1.57 USD

Total customs value (CIF):£306.58 (For the HEX-NET & Shipping / handling fee)

This is the amount that customs values your import at

Duty: £12.26

VAT: £63.77

Total import duty & taxes due: £76.03... This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs

Total landed cost:£382.61

This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes

at exchange rate of 1 GBP = 1.57 USD

Notes on duty & taxes rates and compliance

• Vehicle Diagnostic Equipment has an import duty rate of 4% and a VAT rate of 20% .

Notes on import taxes due

• Please include the cost of insurance to ensure correct import tax calculation
  • Please note that your shipping provider may add an additional handling fee (this is included in the £37 shipping fee)

Basically the Beta version is the very latest (test) version before the software finally becomes fully stable and then released, so the advantages are that it will the very latest software (so will include the latest vehicles and changes) the downside is that being a test version (where thousands of users and Ross-Tech themselves currently test it) there may be the odd hick-up with the software, with the HEX+CAN interface all that would mean is you revert back to the latest current stable version of software (I always use the latest software available anyway... be that a Beta or stable version), but with the HEX-NET it would mean contacting Ross-Tech and informing them of any issues you may be having, they can then look into it and the issue will either be resolved in the next update or they will tell you how to overcome the issue you are having.

Beta obviously isn’t for everyone, but without Beta testers then software releases would happen less often.

• Like 1