150mph in your vRS yet?

Good luck with that.

I took my Mk2 FL to Germany 18 months ago and managed to get 148mph showing on the sat nav with the speedo well over 150.

Mind you, at that speed my better half noticed that the instantaneous fuel consumption was down to 9 MPG !!

Good fun trying to max it, I just hope you manage to get enough free running to get the max. I never got more than a few miles and those last few MPH take some getting.

:happy:  :happy:

• Like 1

I got 148mph on the sat nav speedo on the autobahn last august. There may have been more but traffic/corners didn't allow.

VRS TSI manual estate (2013) - oh and the insta fuel use was at 11mpg

Edited by NotSoSimple

Haha, corners

I got 148mph on the sat nav speedo on the autobahn last august. There may have been more but traffic/corners didn't allow.

VRS TSI manual estate (2013) - oh and the insta fuel use was at 11mpg

Now then, corners! It ain't half interesting driving round an autobahn corner, and they do have 'em, at 130MPH+ when you're on the wrong side of the car :happy:

I had a brief 184kph (±115mph) on there today but I slowed down again because of upcoming traffic and possible hidey-holies for Mr. Policeman on the side of the road ;-).

Will try and max her this summer when I have to go through Germany again.

I find my mk3 far more affected by cross winds and oncoming truck buffeting than my mk2.

I know it is lighter but I almost feel that there is some lift generated even at our low speed limits.

How do you guys find stability at those high speeds? If it is true then you would notice it.

There are precedents from the VAG group with Audi TT and new gen beetle.