Who is watching Eurovision?

mender

The Russian song was better

It wasn't bad, but too predictable and dated-with no politics involved in my eyes it would have been 4th or 5th.

I thought the Serbian song was best (promoting slef respect and respect to all), the Belgian one very original and good and liked the Israel song too.

That said the Swedish entry was good and I liked it, but he performed it better with more flow and confidence when they won so it was a good winner in the end.

The big problem is that Russia could never, ever, ever, ever host Eurovision and its rainbow crowd which promotes respect for all when Russia has dreadful anti-gay propaganda, appalling anti-promotion laws and actively promotes hunting down and "educating" those of any other persuasion than is approved by Mother Russia.

How on earth does that fit Eurovision?

How does anti-EU Russia compete in Eurovision?

Just remember that they tried to get Conchita banned under their rules, they build walls not bridges.

Do 

The big problem is that Russia could never, ever, ever, ever host Eurovision and its rainbow crowd which promotes respect for all when Russia has dreadful anti-gay propaganda, appalling anti-promotion laws and actively promotes hunting down and "educating" those of any other persuasion than is approved by Mother Russia.

Just remember that they tried to get Conchita banned under their rules, they build walls not bridges.

Do as we say or we'll turn the Gas off

Simples

When you put it like that, it's no surprise it did so well with all those people of an authoritarian bent.

Do 

Do as we say or we'll turn the Gas off

Simples

Fine, do that-I've got a wood burning stove!

• Like 1

Unbelievable technology involved.  Every year it gets better & better.

Well done to Guy Sebastian for getting a 5th for Australia on our first (and probably last) try. I've met him a few times socially as he's a friend of the neighbour across the road and he's a genuinely pleasant person - he even cleans up the dinner plates & takes them to the kitchen!  His almost unknown brother is actually a better singer.

In case you are wondering how AUS got a try, our local ethnic broadcaster paid a hefty contribution to be part of the show, in return they received a large boost in income from advertisements.

All good fun though.  I can't understand the haters.  If nothing else you get to see some great technology, some gorgeous women & some amazing outfits and drink beer while it all happens.  Winning all round.

• Like 3

Unbelievable technology involved.  Every year it gets better & better.

Well done to Guy Sebastian for getting a 5th for Australia on our first (and probably last) try. I've met him a few times socially as he's a friend of the neighbour across the road and he's a genuinely pleasant person - he even cleans up the dinner plates & takes them to the kitchen!  His almost unknown brother is actually a better singer.

In case you are wondering how AUS got a try, our local ethnic broadcaster paid a hefty contribution to be part of the show, in return they received a large boost in income from advertisements.

All good fun though.  I can't understand the haters.  If nothing else you get to see some great technology, some gorgeous women & some amazing outfits and drink beer while it all happens.  Winning all round.

From a hater, I'm a convert...

Next year we will have a Eurovision party with friends and food, with a few fun bets on the outcome, should be ace.

For me, nothing will beat Ukraine's 2007 entry, the first year I was forced to watch the show in my first year of marriage....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjHJneVonE

If a Robin Williams lookalike in a tinfoil alien suit singing in German doesn't get you chair dancing after a few drinks, nothing ever will  :D

Don't supose you lot would like to join the EU as well.  We could use some more money

• Like 1

Next year we will have a Eurovision party with friends and food, with a few fun bets on the outcome, should be ace.

We did that this year as a substitute for going to Vienna - My wife is Austrian & the eldest daughter suggested we go to the concert - except she's doing her HSC (Your A-Levels?) and can't afford to miss any school.

Everyone brought food from their country of origin so we had Welsh, Irish, Italian, Maltese and Austrian food (and booze).

Don't supose you lot would like to join the EU as well.  We could use some more money

Sorry, we are too busy trying to be an Asian country.

• Like 1

For me, nothing will beat Ukraine's 2007 entry, the first year I was forced to watch the show in my first year of marriage....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjHJneVonE

If a Robin Williams lookalike in a tinfoil alien suit singing in German doesn't get you chair dancing after a few drinks, nothing ever will  :D

Eurovision party is a great thing, we do one each year is always a good laugh. I had Serbia this year for the win, 

Eurovision party is a great thing, we do one each year is always a good laugh. I had Serbia this year for the win, 

Us too!

• Like 1