long wait is almost up.

HotRod

Well after a wait of 8 months, 2 weeks and 1 day she looks like she will be here tonight or tomorrow.

Nope, I'm not talking about a new vRS, I am talking about my baby daughter.

Due to complications, mum is being induced early. Mum and baby are fine at the moment but being monitored closely under a consultant instead of a midwife.

So I have baby seat in the vRS ready, just need baby Emily to fill it.

Will pop some photos up when she's settled into the car and taken in the interior and tech specs from daddy.

• Like 1

Im just shy of 4months the other side... brought in 3days early for induction (may that clio calf bucket FI sysgem wouldve done a better job, who knows ;) ) which failed which ended up being a section a day early.

scariest and happiezt thing youll ever do is hold her for the time :)

Oh yeah, i recommend buying a Tummy Tub bath. We call it the baby bucket... but its so much less upsetting than a regular bath. Makes em feel like they are back in mummys tummy.. bit odd and strange on first use but once you get the holding technique right for your little person they will love it and so will you. ..

We had two incredibly drawn out and complex births, one ending in emergency caesarian, one in forceps which was so fantastically violent, I though baby was dead and they were saving the mother only.  We went from moments of beautiful togetherness and anticipation to sheer terror and the far reaches of emotion.

But, they know what they are doing and there is so much equipment and knowledge when things are not exactly right.

God, it is worth it though.  You'll now introduce yourself to parts of you that you never knew existed and all before will seem unimportant.  Your real friends will stay on, most will be lost in change of lifestyle.

Best tips:

In early labour get as much energy into her as possible so she can go the distance-take a huge bag of tasty juices, drinks, snacks etc

Go to the Parent's clubs in your area, you will meet your new best mates and share kit, experiences, tears and babysitting

If breastfeeding is tricky, give her a pint of Guinness or whatever ale she will drink

Buy a tall car so you don't have to bend, a huge boot will help too and something not to posh, but safe-you won't car what others think when you are tired or achy

A Thermos "hot cup" is ideal as by the time she has settled into feeding or whatever, the drink will still be hot and cannot be spilt over baby if knocked over

Buy a pack of post-its and stick them on front door as needed "sleeping until 3pm" "new baby please do not disturb" etc

An old smartphone with speakers but no sim, is ace to set up youtube on wi-fi for "sleep sounds" for baby

Make your child fit to what you are doing and they will always fit around you and sleep, kids like noise and movement for comfort

Set up a child's account and ask for money into this for any occasions, you won't get endless last minute daft presents, but a nest egg

Enjoy!

Yeah theres a white noise generator app i got, works so well to settle a new born as its what they heard while indoors... our lad preferred the mechanical sound generator known as the Extractor hood in the kitchen :D

• Like 1

Yeah theres a white noise generator app i got, works so well to settle a new born as its what they heard while indoors... our lad preferred the mechanical sound generator known as the Extractor hood in the kitchen :D

I have to sleep on demand to fit around coach runs eg 0300-0700, so I use the sleep sounds a lot myself-I like the train sounds best, there's some quite trancy stuff on there but some can give you nightmares instead!

I did try the box fan, rain on canvas tent, waves etc but the train or an Eric Satie compilation seems to work for me best.

I have a 10 yr old lad, this is the first girl.

Got an Octavia VRS estate, so pretty much every buggy, pram, stroller and the kitchen sink fit in the boot.

I can let you know if the Grace Symbiotic B fits in the wife's Monte Carlo.

• Like 1

Octys are great.. i got a full mpx travel system, high chair, cot, travel cot, bouncer thingy, 4x50l boxes of clothes, 3x50l boxes of toys and sheets etc, me and an over night bag, and some othe miscellaneous bits into my hatch and drove it all back to ireland from glasgow... theres pbotos some where here from dec when i did the 24hr round trip. Only thimg i did was take out the rear seat squabs before i left home... that was a lot of extra space!

• Like 1

I still have the nursery carpet in the boot. I said this was 2 weeks early. I thought I'd have plenty of time to finish decorating the nursery. As it happens I started yesterday 5 hours before she went in. So I have an unfinished nursery.

I'm in for a great week.

I still have the nursery carpet in the boot. I said this was 2 weeks early. I thought I'd have plenty of time to finish decorating the nursery. As it happens I started yesterday 5 hours before she went in. So I have an unfinished nursery.

I'm in for a great week.

Pretty sure baby won't mind too much  :D

I'm in for a great week.

I know what you mean... our lad wasnt dues until tuesday, i finished up work on the friday with plans to finish and organise the rest of stuff - curtains, dresers etc for him al that had been done was the painting. Got told saturday morning we werent leaving the hospital without our baby! Made no difference though, he's still sleeping in our room due ro potential for night feeds another couple of weeks so have been doing the rest nursery prep as and when we can :D

Its grand so it is :p until they get reflux....

Well - at 16:30 on 25/05/2015 my little Emily was born.

Here is her with her big brother http://1drv.ms/1EIYVxh

And I have finally completed her bedroom.  http://1drv.ms/1Fh814J

At least she's sleeping most of the night and not screaming too much.

The only downside now is the back of the vRS looks like a stuffed animal parade :(

• Like 4

Room is a lit better than a week ago :rofl:

Emily was in top 3 if ours was a girl :) big brother looks a bit petrified god love im! Glad all doimg well buddy :) we be currently teething and under going a formula change due to possible cow milk protein intolerance... its ever so much a happy tranwuil house this weekend.... and its all ahead of you!!! :thumbup: