New Yeti!

philipashby

Took her to see the Forth Rail bridge! Another red beauty :)

Car colour changes in different light conditions. Love it!

Seat colour much less bright would describe it as Latte brown. The Boreal wood inserts are much less vivid than in brochures too, in a good way!

Small oddnesses... large crack from the rear speaker when turning ignition on and phone previously connected to bluetooth and playing music...

Also noticed the windscreen twitching when turning on... will keep an eye on that.

Great drive. Love the stop/start!

Going to try and get better pics tomorrow of the interior.

:sun:

post-16064-0-54878800-1437582906_thumb.jpg

post-16064-0-21373000-1437583029_thumb.jpg

post-16064-0-78673800-1437583051_thumb.jpg

post-16064-0-25331000-1437589158_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Also noticed the windscreen twitching when turning on... will keep an eye on that.

:sun:

If you mean windscreen wipers they do that.

They often change their position so they don't take a "set" from parking in the same position all the time.

• Like 1

If you mean windscreen wipers they do that.

They often change their position so they don't take a "set" from parking in the same position all the time.

Yes. Ah thought it was by design! Thanks :)

That looks very smart. Any more piccies of the interior, perchance? :)

What are your initial impressions of the 2.0 SCR engine? I'm trying to find a dealer with a demonstrator with that engine, so far without success :(

That looks very smart. Any more piccies of the interior, perchance? :)

What are your initial impressions of the 2.0 SCR engine? I'm trying to find a dealer with a demonstrator with that engine, so far without success :(

Some more pics tomorrow when I get a proper camera at it!

Dealer said new engine demonstrators not available until they sell old demonstrators!

So far so smooth. Quieter and more rapid than the Roomy's 1.6 105ps despite 0.1 slower on the specsheet. I suspect the better road holding capacity makes it feel more rapid! Car feels easier to pull away at junctions too, less lag!

Don't believe all you read on leather seats, manufacturers have been putting them in cars for 100 years. Also, don't forget only some parts are leather. 

The beige looks nice with the red.

Boreal wood also good, I replaced my MM with it.

Picked ours up yesterday - a grey 150PS DSG L&G Outdoors. Very happy. Comfortable and quiet. Smooth and very easy to drive but it's going to take a while to learn how to work it all. it's got more buttons and options than the average supercomputer and a longer manual (I worked in IT all my life...). Every time I master a new function it feels like a triumph. Haven't quite managed to get the autoparking to do its thing yet, perhaps because I haven't found a quiet enough street to practice on. Sat-nav and music stuff good.

Autostart/stop a surprise but fine and works well even on uphill.

Off on the motorways at the weekend.

Easy to fold the rear seats down and get a full sized road bike in the back without removing the front wheel.

(BTW the fuel pump filler sat quite horizontally at fill-up, which surprised me but find up fine.)

Great pics, your interior is a lighter 'brown' than mine, but I have got used to it.

Glad to see that someone keeps your car clean!

That colour does look good when C-L-E-A-N  :clap:

• Like 1

Picked ours up yesterday - a grey 150PS DSG L&G Outdoors. Very happy. Comfortable and quiet. Smooth and very easy to drive but it's going to take a while to learn how to work it all. it's got more buttons and options than the average supercomputer and a longer manual (I worked in IT all my life...). Every time I master a new function it feels like a triumph. Haven't quite managed to get the autoparking to do its thing yet, perhaps because I haven't found a quiet enough street to practice on. Sat-nav and music stuff good.

Autostart/stop a surprise but fine and works well even on uphill.

Off on the motorways at the weekend.

Easy to fold the rear seats down and get a full sized road bike in the back without removing the front wheel.

(BTW the fuel pump filler sat quite horizontally at fill-up, which surprised me but find up fine.)

I put some fuel into mine when taking my wife out for a spin on getting home after picking the car up. She asked what all the noise was when I was filling up. I said I had trouble getting the nozzle in until I dropped it down more horizontally. Was starting to wonder if I'd actually got a diesel version! :D

Great pics, your interior is a lighter 'brown' than mine, but I have got used to it.

Glad to see that someone keeps your car clean!

That colour does look good when C-L-E-A-N :clap:

Pics do seem a little brighter than reality. I would say that the colour is more brown and less cream... also depends on your monitor!

• 2 months later...

OK so I've the car for a few weeks and have a few issues and niggles... mainly

Trim creak on front passenger door

Trim rattle on rear side passenger door

Trim loud creak when cold just in front of gear stick

Speakers pop when either turning on radio or switching between media and radio (have SD card and phone on Bluetooth)

Window of rear side passenger door went up and down of it's own accord and before that broke the one touch operation of the fob  (folding mirrors)

Had her booked in midweek... then she decides to fail a DPF regen giving approx 20 seconds between letting me know (DPF light) and failing (Flashing glow plug light... followed by exhaust inspection system light). I have done 1900 miles in 2 months and this last week and a bit town driving. Had no issues with my roomster and DPF!

Towed by AA to dealer. Fixed the regen and said they lubricated the window and reportedly fixed 2 trim issues.

I have the car back and the trim issues are not fixed, they couldn't replicate the speaker popping (despite turning on the radio when I picked the car up and getting popping noise straight away) and now my windows/mirrors no longer operate as intended through the fob!

Tried resetting windows: ignition on, wind window down then up, hold for 3 secs... no luck could this be something they have disabled? All windows function normally through the switches!

Will be taking her back. Not a happy customer.

Speakers pop when either turning on radio or switching between media and radio (have SD card and phone on Bluetooth)

Window of rear side passenger door went up and down of it's own accord and before that broke the one touch operation of the fob  (folding mirrors)

Had her booked in midweek... then she decides to fail a DPF regen giving approx 20 seconds between letting me know (DPF light) and failing (Flashing glow plug light... followed by exhaust inspection system light). I have done 1900 miles in 2 months and this last week and a bit town driving. Had no issues with my roomster and DPF!

Towed by AA to dealer. Fixed the regen and said they lubricated the window and reportedly fixed 2 trim issues.

I have the car back and the trim issues are not fixed, they couldn't replicate the speaker popping (despite turning on the radio when I picked the car up and getting popping noise straight away) and now my windows/mirrors no longer operate as intended through the fob!

Tried resetting windows: ignition on, wind window down then up, hold for 3 secs... no luck could this be something they have disabled? All windows function normally through the switches!

You're probably aware of this but with your problems it might have escaped your notice; any changes have to be applied to both keys.

Fred

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your Yeti, especially as it was a factory order and you had to wait quite a while for it to arrive. Did the dealer give any reason for the rattles? That type of complaint is not something I see mentioned on here very much. Have others here had similar woes?

At the risk of upsetting the gods of "Sods Law "our new 150 tdi sel has been faultless.

It hasn't even used a drop of oil in 4000miles from new...

My 140(103) is the same....its just a pity I've been fingered as a 'dirty old man'......if you get my drift.

• 2 weeks later...

So the car has been in to the dealer.

Windows/mirrors one touch function reset through computer.

Popping speaker is being replaced but on back order.

Naturally the creaks and rattles didn't happen when the mechanic took it for a drive... so will be back in when the speaker arrives. To be fair when I brought her in the rattles weren't so obvious... but this morning :swear:

Had an Octavia courtesy car but didn't really enjoy it. So pleased to be back in the Yeti. Lovely car!

Popping speaker is being replaced but on back order.

A popping speaker is highly unlikely to be the speaker! More likely an electrical/earth issue or short in the amp/wiring/head unit.

Edited by Jimrod

^^^^leather creaks?

Instrument binnacle creak?.

Back rattle sounds like the seat belt buckle rattling against the hard trim... however I sat in the back with the seat belt on and it seems to be coming from the door or door sil.

Front creak is weirder beyond the USB panel and was preceded by a skittering object...

A popping speaker is highly unlikely to be the speaker! More likely an electrical/earth issue or short in the amp/wiring/head unit.

I would have to agree... but then I'm not the mechanic! We will see!

I would have to agree... but then I'm not the mechanic! We will see!

Fingers crossed! I don't have much faith in the mechanic to be honest, I design speakers for a living and I've yet to hear one "pop" of it's own accord...  :D

Fingers crossed! I don't have much faith in the mechanic to be honest, I design speakers for a living and I've yet to hear one "pop" of it's own accord...  :D

That door has the rattle in it and had the window that stuck, so it may be a speaker wire rubbing up against something (clutching at straws here :p  )