What side?

Anyone know what side the front bearing will have failed on? when i drive i have a humming/rumbling noise that goes away when turning/cornering left. i will be changing both but this monthly pay has only been able to stretch to purchasing the one as my missus thinks our holiday to Egypt in July and Florida at xmas is more important but i wouldn't expect her to understand she is ok to drive her pink roofed citroen ds3 knowing full well i will not be seen dead driving a woman car :( 

When you turn/corner left the weight is transferred to the right-hand side of the car. Therefore, it's the left (N/S) bearing that's gone as the noise lessens when it is unloaded.

Yeah, you should probably have a word with the missus about swanning about in nearly new cars and having expensive foreign holidays while you have to drive an old ****ter, I mean Fab.

Yeah have tried to have a word but she just says i am more than welcome to drive her car anytime i wish :( i swear she got it with a pink roof knowing i wouldn't drive it. As for the holidays she just says i am more than welcome to stay at home :( 

Plus sleeping on the sofa is really crap  :thumbdown:  and that also means no bedroom time either  :devil:  

Thanks for all the help people :)

Took me just over 2 hours to get the hub off, take it to be pressed out and new one pressed in and then refit again :) the most time taken was pressing the baring as it was seased into the hub and with the odd shape of the hub it was a struggle to get it to seat right in the press. but got there in the end and now my Fabia is as quiet as it was when got it :) 

let the missus drive her pink roof Ds3 i have a Skoda Tank :)