I have yet to see another vRS in northern France!

Hi

I have had my vRS now for over a year, and been VERY pleased with it. I manly use it to travel back n forth to France, which I do about 10 times a year. But I have yet to see another vRS!! I have seen plenty of other Octavia's. I get plenty of looks from the French, as if to say "what is that". I assume there are some French Skoda owners on this forum, my question is do Skoda sell vRS in France?

Many thanks

Steve

Hello,

Yes, the Octavia RS is sold in France.

And it probably represents an oversized chunk of the octavia sales, here as well.

You could have a look to the following and very active forum, if you can read some french:

http://www.forum-auto.com/forum2.php?config=marques.inc&cat=97&post=2364&page=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=&trash_post=&print=&numreponse=0&quote_only=&new=&nojs=0

And interesting to know, the Octavia was number 3 in April sales in France, in its category, behing the Peugeot 508 and the VW Passat.

Thanks for the reply.

I can only assume that Normandy folk have yet to know how great the vRS is! Too busy driving around in big tractors and SUV's. Very sorry to say that I don't speak French! How sad is that, after renovating a barn for the last 12 years, but the French are VERY understanding and I get by.

Steve

I'm on holiday in France at the moment. Been here for 10 days and only seen 2 French registered vRS - a mk1 and a mk3. I bought an Auto Plus this week (Auto express) and it lists the vRS (diesel and TSI) at around 30K euros.

RS mk3 are around 31k€, catalog price.

But most of them are sold full options. I would'nt be surprised the average price is closer to 37k€-38k€ before discount.

JPH

Tell me, what is your option, do the French favour TSI or TDI vSR's?

In all my years of travelling to France, the price of Derv has always been far cheeper than petrol. 20 years ago, when derv was over 30% cheeper and I did wonder why the French would buy so many petrol cars. Things have changed now, Derv does not have quite the advantage that it did. But back in the the UK Derv has ALWAYS been more expensive than petrol.

Look forward your reply?

Steve

Even though it is going down a bit lately, the proportion of diesel cars in France is still very high, around 65% of the new cars.

The reason beeing the lower level of taxes on diesel compared to petrol, initially intended to favor professional activities, trucks and taxis...

Even though in most of the cases you need to do at least 20,000km a year to take advantage of a diesel car, most of the people are just focussing on the price per liter difference.

Regarding the Octavia RS, the situation might be a bit different: with probably still a majority of RS TDI, but not in such high proportions.

First, when talking about dynamic or sporty cars, petrol remains more attractive.

And also, comparing the two RS, they do not play in the same league. Performances are far better with the petrol RS.

Except for the look, the RS TDI is more comparable to the 1.8 TSI. 

As a conclusion, from what I observe in french forums:

- all who want to get the fun and fully enjoy the car go for the RS TSI

- all who are satisfied with only the look and appearance go for the TDI

One point that really surprised me in this forum, is that so many brittish people are favoring diesel Octavias, RS or not.

With petrol cheaper than diesel in UK, it's really hard to understand.

Octavia sales in UK in 2014:        20,596, rank 33 (was 13,955 in 2013, rank 50).

Octavia sales in France in 2014:   6,369, rank 70 (was   4,209 in 2013, rank 98).

There's no much surprise you see less of them here.

Hi Tom

Great to see a French vRS!! Just like mine in candy white.

Maybe we should start up a register of French vRS's although I think it may be small one.

Anyone out there in France in Normandy?

Steve