New Superb III Estate Released.

Although they look great, it will be interesting to hear what people's experiences of the 19" wheels will be!

I have 19's on mine and to be honest the only difference I notice between my 17" winter rims and the 19's is far better grip when pushing on :) and and a notable increase in tyre noise. To be expected?

Dave

I have 19's on mine and to be honest the only difference I notice between my 17" winter rims and the 19's is far better grip when pushing on ( :D) and and a notable increase in tyre noise. To be expected?

Dave

What about ride harshness? I was thinking of kerb damage as well on the 19s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only when you do kerb them, or hit iron works on the road, Drains & Road Work Ramps etc.

So you need to consider if you want the lower profile tyre and more wheel..

But then if you have more side wall on the tyres,  touch parking at kerbs does tyre no favours and you still need to watch Metal / Iron Works on the roads.

Horses for Courses and Location Location Location.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

Sometimes the Sidewall difference is not so much as you think, because if the tyre is wider, the aspect ratio of the tyre might mean along with 

rim protection on a XL tyre, the alloys stay protected as well as tyres on smaller rims.

• Like 1

I have scrubbed my front wheel slightly in an avoidance move (narrow road and Chelsea mum in a 4x4 not budging...) and although my low profile continentals have protective shoulders they are useless against roadside curbs.

Ride harshness - my car is lowered on 40mm HR springs so my ride is firmer than normal but I have to confess that several long trips loaded up with family and luggage has not shown any major issues. If anything, the car handles better loaded. On my own, there is a skittishness over bumps etc. but that's to be expected.

Compared to a standard Superb I have driven the ride is firmer for sure, but not uncomfortably so. No worse than a standard Seat or an S-line Audi/M-Tech BMW for example...

But I do prefer a firmer ride (Ooh-Err missus....)

Dave

• Like 1

I have experience of 16, 17 and now 18" wheels so I have felt the differences.  Handling is better on the 18s on corners and roundabouts and you have more confidence throwing it around if you need to!  However, I certainly do feel it though on the drains covers etc.  I'd prefer it slightly more on the comfortable side overall especially on poorer road surfaces.  My concern would be the 19s on the SIII with a 35 profile which I assume they are (or maybe they are 40?)

My concern would be the 19s on the SIII with a 35 profile which I assume they are (or maybe they are 40?)

They come with 235/45/18” (668mm / 26.30” diameter) as std so the equivalent diameter in 19” would be 235/40/19 (670mm / 26.38”)

compared to the MKII that uses 225/40/18” (638mm / 25.12”) so even the 19’s gain an extra 16mm of sidewall compared to the MKII

• Like 1

They come with 235/45/18” (668mm / 26.30” diameter) as std so the equivalent diameter in 19” would be 235/40/19 (670mm / 26.38”)

compared to the MKII that uses 225/40/18” (638mm / 25.12”) so even the 19’s gain an extra 16mm of sidewall compared to the MKII

Here in Ireland 19s only will be standard on the L&K and 17s on the Style. 18s are options only. A bit strange! If you could squeeze a 45 profile on the 19, that might not be so bad. Some price to replace them though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk