Pre facelift elegance Bluetooth location

Yetigreenline2

I used to have a greenline2 SE that I retrofitted VAG Bluetooth which went under the drivers seat and then wires ran up to the Columbus unit.

I have recently got a 59plate 140 4x4 elegance which comes with Bluetooth built in but I cannot find where they have located the Bluetooth module as I'm looking at switching it with the newer style one I had from before as it has more options.

But it's not located under the drivers seat and have so far by taking things apart been unable to locate it.

Does anyone have any ideas or know where it is located.

Thanks Ross....

Edited by Yetigreenline2

The current yeti is a elegance with phone prep originally had a bolero but just swapped it for my Columbus and the Bluetooth is working in both so I guess is a independant system.

The buetooth I had before was a lot more intelligent and the voice commands and streaming actually worked but this pre installed version is rubbish.

So was going to try and find out where it is and see if I can swap the box over.

Should be under the driver's seat under a black plastic cover (at least mine is).

Swapping from a Bolero to Columbus will require a change in wires if you want to get voice control working.

I'm considering whether it is worth doing or not...

image.jpg1_2.jpg

Found it thought it was something different when I first looked at it.

Swapped it for my previous Bluetooth unit which is a lot easier to program and use also has Bluetooth streaming which I could not get to work on the factory fitted option.

Got the voice control to work with vcds but only with the phone still trying to work out to get it working so it controls radio,Nav,media etc etc

Can activate on vcds and help screen shows up on Columbus but it doesn't hear me when I activate and speak to it.

Also I have a 0010 error on my microphone.

Is this all realated to how the wires are connected on my Columbus at the back do I need to swap some pins.

If it is anything like the Octavia, then yes, you will need to swap some wires over. Just don;t ask me which ones in the Yeti as I would not like to say.