Door Sills

I've got this set (door sills and boot lip protector): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sill-Loading-Area-Protector-For-Skoda-Rapid-Spaceback-/111338970664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19ec51de28

Was due to finally fit them all today, but have had to put that on hold after my valeter cancelled on me again. However, I have offered them up to check fit etc and they are a perfect fit - very well machined and shaped.

I've got this set (door sills and boot lip protector): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sill-Loading-Area-Protector-For-Skoda-Rapid-Spaceback-/111338970664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19ec51de28

Was due to finally fit them all today, but have had to put that on hold after my valeter cancelled on me again. However, I have offered them up to check fit etc and they are a perfect fit - very well machined and shaped.

How are they fitted? Is it glue or something like that? And what if you decide to remove them later? Do they leave a mark?

OP. I have the ones from your ebay link (not with RAPID on obviously). For that money, they look good and fit pretty well. Attached with 3M type tape pre-attached and they are long so you must pre mark the sills (felt pen) to make sure they're on the flat part not the curves at the end.

I'm very pleased with them. still look good after 12 months.

Edited by camelspyyder

How are they fitted? Is it glue or something like that? And what if you decide to remove them later? Do they leave a mark?

As with Camelspyder's ones - mine are held on with 3M double-sided sticky tape. They will not leave a mark if removed - but why would you want to remove them?

OP. I have the ones from your ebay link (not with RAPID on obviously). For that money, they look good and fit pretty well. Attached with 3M type tape pre-attached and they are long so you must pre mark the sills (felt pen) to make sure they're on the flat part not the curves at the end.

I'm very pleased with them. still look good after 12 months.

Thanks mate - you've made my mind up as i liked the look of them but wasn't sure of the quality.

Cheers!

John

I fitted the chrome trimed ones with "RAPID" from superskoda and still looking good after a year and 1/4.

As with Camelspyder's ones - mine are held on with 3M double-sided sticky tape. They will not leave a mark if removed - but why would you want to remove them?

Thanks for your answer. Maybe it's my peculiarity, I like things that can be reversed :notme: