Spare Bulb Kit

AlanReed

I needed to change a bulb on my daughters car and it got me thinking - ahead of a wine-run to Boulogne. We're supposed to carry a spare bulb kit, but I can't find anywhere that gives a list of what bulbs I'd need for my 2015 spec Yeti Outdoor Elegance. I realise it's pointless to carry the gas discharge tube headlights, but it would be sensible to carry some useful bulbs.

So far, all I've worked out is that the indicators are the type with amber paint over them, not the plain glass type.

Any ideas where I might find a full list? Thanks.....

Carrying a spare bulb kit is not compulsory in France. I wouldn't bother with a breathalyser either. What is a legal requirement however, is a hi-viz yellow gilet which must be carried in the car and not in the boot, and a reflective warning triangle.

Have you tried the owner's manual?  In the one I am looking at (pre-FL) it details all the lamps needed (p223 on the version I have).

Thanks weasley - I had looked in the manual and have now looked again. Can't find any bulb specifications but they DO tell me the exact overhang and ramp angles to the nearest tenth of a degree! Failing all else, I could either make an educated guess or take the covers off the front & rear light clusters to have a look.

Edited by AlanReed

Go onto a car bulb website that you can put your registration into it should then show what bulbs fit and even offer a spare bulb kit.

Have you tried the owner's manual?  In the one I am looking at (pre-FL) it details all the lamps needed (p223 on the version I have).

In the FL owners manual it tells you how to change the bulbs, but no mention of the bulb you need to put in  :dull:, looked from front to back of the manual for bulb list when I got the FL home :nerd:   :no: list, all it would have taken was half a page to add the list  :x

• Like 1