Crease dent advice

I am looking to get the large crease dent in my drivers door sorted. I am worried if it goes to a bodyshop they are going to pack it with filler or the likes. I am toying with getting a used door but I know my paint has faded with age so finding a match is unlikely. I'm expecting it to be quite expensive either way but the dent really detracts from the car. I'm pretty good at spraying cars and could likely do it myself but getting a paint Match will likely be difficult and I have no experience of blending out over panels. Any respray I have done have been full cars. What would you do in my situation?

post-128022-0-15410500-1433330173_thumb.jpg

Go to a good Body Repair shop local to you and speak with the Qualified Car refinisher that can Panel Beat and work with and match modern paints.

Get a price on the choice of ways it can be done for you, dent removal and paint refinishing to give a perfect repair which is invisible to the eye.

Do they recommend a Door Change, or crease removed and a professional repair being done?

Maybe do not go to Kerb Side Autos / Back Street Repairers unless you get a recommendation from someone in the Local Car Trade that can recommend them highly.

Maybe ask some Taxi Drivers on the rank that are driving Metallic Paint cars if they know of any place that is good and can be trusted.

Go to a Local Motor Factors / Paint Supplier or where you have bought materials in the past and ask if they can recommend some place to get the work done.

Edited by goneoffSKi

The Repair Centre in Redhill did a good job on my VRS, although that was for an insurance job after a coach drove into me - not too far from you so you could pop in and discuss it?

https://plus.google.com/110157559848738866002/about?gl=uk&hl=en

It's the bodyshop which Station Garage in Horsham use, they recommended them and I was impressed with the result.

I recently had the same issue with my drivers door after the daughters friend hit it GRrrr. She admitted it, and offered to pay for the damage, so I decided to get a few quotes, one bodyshop, and one mobile dent guy, both said because the door had gone in and hit the impact beam inside, it would need a ton of filler on it. The bodyshop said they would be better getting a second hand black magic door, so I thought I could do that myself, which I did, I won`t lie, it was a long job, but the paint matches very well indeed because they`ve both faded of course. After I polished up the door(by hand) you honestly would`nt tell.

I contacted a pdr company and they said no, that crease dents are bodyshop only.

can't see from your photi as I'm on my phone but is it as bad as this?

It's not as big as that, but has a distinct hard crease line. I personally think a PDR company could get it 99% which would be fine, the problem is finding one that is willing to try. I had the same problem when trying to get an smf conversion.nobody wanted to do it,I ended up giving in and getting a dmf.

I did think of changing a complete side if I could so wing and both doors (rear door also has a small area damaged by the door handle) then looked at prices, it may be cheaper to buy a donor car.

I recently had the same issue with my drivers door after the daughters friend hit it GRrrr. She admitted it, and offered to pay for the damage, so I decided to get a few quotes, one bodyshop, and one mobile dent guy, both said because the door had gone in and hit the impact beam inside, it would need a ton of filler on it. The bodyshop said they would be better getting a second hand black magic door, so I thought I could do that myself, which I did, I won`t lie, it was a long job, but the paint matches very well indeed because they`ve both faded of course. After I polished up the door(by hand) you honestly would`nt tell.

Little bit out your way but you could try PhirmFX in TIlford, Surrey. The bodyshop guy there is an old school panel beater and managed to do wonders on my old Golf G60 when someone t-boned me.

I think that's all it needs, someone willing to give it a go. Wish I could access it from near the lock I'd have a go myself with a long bar.I have been looking at glue pulling, you tube is full of Americans who would be able to do it but the UK seems to be lagging behind. It actually looks like a great job, am thinking of trying to get some training.

I love that episode lol! To be fair I do have a habit of managing things people tell me I can't generally but this may be beyond me. Either way I don't have a lot to lose, it looks pretty bad anyway.