Just aquired a 1990 Favorit L which had been drystored since August 2001.

It has come with a full history, tax discs, and all service receipts from new including the original sale invoice..

It was waxold from new and has just been fitted with new copper brake pipes in an overhaul of the breaking system.

I will only be using it for visits to the local car shows in the Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire areas with the first visit planned to the Stockward Park event in Luton on the 14th June 2015..

This car has only covered about 15,000 miles and is in immaculate condition !

It is fitted with allow wheels and has both an alloy and the original steel wheel as spares.

Being original it has no radio. The rear head rests are missing !

It is in pebblestone colour .

Just aquired a 1990 Favorit L which had been drystored since August 2001.

It has come with a full history, tax discs, and all service receipts from new including the original sale invoice..

It was waxold from new and has just been fitted with new copper brake pipes in an overhaul of the breaking system.

I will only be using it for visits to the local car shows in the Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire areas with the first visit planned to the Stockward Park event in Luton on the 14th June 2015..

This car has only covered about 15,000 miles and is in immaculate condition !

It is fitted with allow wheels and has both an alloy and the original steel wheel as spares.

Being original it has no radio. The rear head rests are missing !

It is in pebblestone colour .

Nice. :)

15k on G, not even run-in ;)

• Like 1

Why a Favorit and not a Felicia?

Hi RicardoM -

Made before the Felicia ! This is one of the first front engine cars,  which still has a caburettor,  and was the next model made by Skoda after they made the Estelles and Rapids.

Why does it have a different colour front panel which looks like the wrong one for the age of the car as it looks like an injector model type front panel from 1993 onwards?

My Felicia has carburetor too, made in 2000. In my opinion Bertone did a poor job with Favorit design. Too chunky. Felicia is the finished job on Favorit.

Edited by RicardoM

Why does it have a different colour front panel which looks like the wrong one for the age of the car as it looks like an injector model type front panel from 1993 onwards?

Hi - The car is in the Pebblestone colour but was standing in bright sunlight when the picture was taken. More pictures to follow next week.

Hi - The car is in the Pebblestone colour but was standing in bright sunlight when the picture was taken. More pictures to follow next week.

The previous owner had upgraded the appearence of the car with alloy wheels, and the front grill which from the receipts appears to have been obtained from ' Butts '. The car has both a spare alloy wheel and the original steel spare wheel which has never been used !

My Felicia has carburetor too, made in 2000. In my opinion Bertone did a poor job with Favorit design. Too chunky. Felicia is the finished job on Favorit.

Hi RicardoM -  It could be that Felicia cars exported to different countries had a different spec to those coming to the UK.

Many modifications to the cars coming to the UK were made at the companies own workshops in Kings Lynn, before the days of Volkswagen, which included the fitting of sun roofs, alloy wheels,  side protection strips and other changes. 

I have had both Favorits and Felicias before, but now drive an Octavia turbo diesel.

Edited by neilwhitmore

Hi RicardoM -  It could be that Felicia cars exported to different countries had a different spec to those coming to the UK.

I know that since year 2000. Hence the topic below.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/354770-felicia-13-on-carburetor-owners-around-the-world/

Hi RicardoM

Thanks for the link but I have had about 17 previous Skoda cars in the past 35 years including other Favorits !

My main car these days is a Skoda Octavia turbo deisel.

Some more pictures of the Favorit attached.

post-244-0-84468600-1433706040_thumb.jpg

post-244-0-27499500-1433706066_thumb.jpg

post-244-0-71012800-1433706089_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Has anyone any idea of how many Favorits in the ' Pebblestone ' colour were sold in the UK.

I know this colour was used on the rear engine cars but I can not remember seeing a Favorit in this colour when we visited the preperation plant at Kings Lynn.

I did wonder if this colour paint was used  due to a shortage of materials at the factory which had also resulted in the wrong instrument panel in the rear engined Estelle car you ordered so you could finished up with a panel from a higher priced car or even a Rapid.

New tailgate struts only £20 delivered on eBay.

Just had a pair myself, made by magneti marelli. I believe they are interchangeable with the Felicia.