Smart Link AMA (ask me anything)

anyone else found that the google maps option now doesn't work when you tell the system to navigate using the voice commands? used to work brilliantly, now it listens the command, thinks about it and then just defaukts back to a map of where you are. Not sure what's changed. Tried two different phones both with the same result. 

I had issues with it recently too. Thought it might have been the ROM on my phone but sadly not. Might be worth checking for an update maybe.

Switched to an iPhone 6s Plus last weekend and CarPlay is a hell of a lot better for connecting. Doesn't matter when you plug it in - it always just works. Finding Apple Maps very iffy compared to google maps though, to the point where I'm tempted to just wire up the Note 4 and leave it in the glovebox.

• Like 1

both phones just updated to marshmallow, the motorola always connects first time, the LG G4 which used to be hit or miss now connects just fine. Actually just realised I hadn't tried the maps thing since both phones got the update on Monday. Just been out to the car and it works fine. 

Not sure what was going on as they both used to work pre update and then stopped. The wonderful world of IT eh?

Edited by domhnall
  • Like 1

With mine when I pressed the voice button it kept saying something along the lines of "sorry, I didn't catch that".

Came close to catching a fist through the monitor[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With mine when I pressed the voice button it kept saying something along the lines of "sorry, I didn't catch that".

Obviously racism - works fine with Scottish accents, you should complain, Google pay all their tax via those big offices in Grand Canal Plaza in Dublin :-)

• Like 1

Obviously racism - works fine with Scottish accents, you should complain, Google pay all their tax via those big offices in Grand Canal Plaza in Dublin :-)

They're actually paying something now?!?

Wish google maps was supported on CarPlay! Not too likely I'd imagine.

Edited by EoinM
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I took delivery of my ex demo Octavia VRS, today I drive to work and back 350 mile round trip fortunately only a once a week trip, I love the car but it doesn't have Smartlink enabled.. so my question is what am I missing and is it worth it?

Yesterday I took delivery of my ex demo Octavia VRS, today I drive to work and back 350 mile round trip fortunately only a once a week trip, I love the car but it doesn't have Smartlink enabled.. so my question is what am I missing and is it worth it?

Google Android auto or Apple car play, have a look at the results and decide if you can live without it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I will just casually drop this here... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...