How to guide: Setting injector lash PD130 vrs

• 2 weeks later...

That job I was doing "this weekend" about five weeks ago was gone yesterday.

I tried to check wear by checking how far down i had to screw them before winding back the 180°.

All four had to be screwed down 225°. I'm not sure if this is all wear on the injectors or if they are set differently from new, I know some people say the 180° wind back angle is more so that could come in to play here.

Either way they are screwed down more now than before and the difference was notice instantly, I was doing it for a rough starting reason, it wasn't bad but would catch the second time the engine turned over, it's pretty much instant now.

Can't tell performance or other wise yet since it's only been parked on the drive.

That's probably because they also recommend setting them at 225 degrees in the Haynes manual i think. From the top of my head.

So maybe that's how they come from the factory.

Yep, that's my thinking as well, but I wasn't sure on the angle. If it is 225° then it's got basically no wear, not enough for me to tell without proper equipment anyway.

The camshaft and buckets looked in very good shape as well, I felt every lobe and didn't notice any flat spots or anything. On all the worn ones I've had you can feel the cams worn away.

I tried to check wear by checking how far down i had to screw them before winding back the 180°.

All four had to be screwed down 225°. I'm not sure if this is all wear on the injectors or if they are set differently from new, I know some people say the 180° wind back angle is more so that could come in to play here.

Either way they are screwed down more now than before and the difference was notice instantly, I was doing it for a rough starting reason, it wasn't bad but would catch the second time the engine turned over, it's pretty much instant now.

Can't tell performance or other wise yet since it's only been parked on the drive.

Any news on performance please?

Any news on performance please?

Haven't driven it yet, started it in the morning when it's cold and it's 100% improved, so from my experience the wind back angle of 180° is better than the 225° angle.

The car used to turn over a few times before catching and starting, it now starts first turn of the key.