Ledperf LEDS

Hi folks, has anyone had any problems with LED rear number plate lights on their Octavia? I bought a set from Ledperf about 10 months ago which have worked fine. Tonight however I've got a bulb warning appearing on the dash despite all the bulbs working.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I suspect it's the resistor in the LEDS has given up and throwing up the fault

Yawn - another complaint about crappy Ledperf bodge job resistor bulbs to fool your BCM.

Do the job properly, fit LEDs (non-canbus) and code the car for LEDs. Job done. No risk of frying your BCM with resistors, which it isn't designed for.

Yawn - another complaint about crappy Ledperf bodge job resistor bulbs to fool your BCM.

Do the job properly, fit LEDs (non-canbus) and code the car for LEDs. Job done. No risk of frying your BCM with resistors, which it isn't designed for.

Does the coding still allow for the warning messages when lights stop working? Or is it one or the other?

I don't think you will get a warning when coded for LED, but not tried it!

Then again, if the LED fails in a canbus friendly resistor based one you won't get a warning either as the resistor is still there .........

• Like 1

Does the coding still allow for the warning messages when lights stop working? Or is it one or the other?

I take it I'll be coding your car for LEDs when it arrives? :-)

I take it I'll be coding your car for LEDs when it arrives? :-)

Maybe not for LEDs as I like the idea of the warnings for broken lights! (though with proper LEDs they hopefully should last much longer)

However I'm sure there will be many opportunities to try out other vcds tweaks on our new octavias if you are up for it! May as well ask you what you like to drink now! ;)

I bought the LedPerf No plate bulbs and they threw a bulb warning up straight away, they now live in the door mirror coming home lights and I bought genuine VAG LED No plate lights.

Hoping that someone at the Briskoda National day on Sunday will be able to use the VCDS to code them (plus a few other little bits and pieces) for some beer tokens!

Some of us dont have access to vcds so its not really helpful, (ive tried map but no answers) so are looking for alternative answers as many others are too
  • Like 2