What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Harley-Davidson ownership is a cult. Only yesterday I had my cousin and his girlfriend here, preaching about their HD’s, trying to convert me to buy one. They’re worse than Jehovah Witnesses, at least you know better than to invite them into your house for a coffee (frothy of course) :biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Harley-Davidson ownership is a cult. Only yesterday I had my cousin and his girlfriend here, preaching about their HD’s, trying to convert me to buy one. They’re worse than Jehovah Witnesses, at least you know better than to invite them into your house for a coffee (frothy of course) :biggrin:

I promise that I won't come knocking on your door with an owners manual in my hand :D

• Haha 1

Gave the old girl a bit of TLC. Oil and filter change along with changing the brake fluid. I’ve been collecting a few bits whilst the weather had been naff so fitted these whilst I was at it. 

Nothing wrong with the OEM clutch slave but it’s not orange or as beautifully machined the Oberon clutch slave.  The lever action after bleeding the clutch is lovely and smooth action. 

Also fitted the Wings carbon side panels which looks great but also helps remove heat from the engine. 

Charlie over on the KTM forum makes various bits for these bikes and one of these is the magnetic oil filter cover. By magnetic it’s like something from a Roadrunner cartoon by Acme, powerful enough to lift a 5lb lump hammer. Between this, the magnets in the two screens and the oil filter it should keep the engines life blood cleaner for longer. 

8DD6AF3E-BAE0-44C8-ACFE-FA79AF0E4FF7.jpeg

8B81978E-40F5-4795-BC4A-F82898C5365E.jpeg

D0B419D5-2707-4D51-9B2E-C40217AA0FA6.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, CWARD said:

Gave the old girl a bit of TLC. Oil and filter change along with changing the brake fluid. I’ve been collecting a few bits whilst the weather had been naff so fitted these whilst I was at it. 

Nothing wrong with the OEM clutch slave but it’s not orange or as beautifully machined the Oberon clutch slave.  The lever action after bleeding the clutch is lovely and smooth action. 

Also fitted the Wings carbon side panels which looks great but also helps remove heat from the engine. 

Charlie over on the KTM forum makes various bits for these bikes and one of these is the magnetic oil filter cover. By magnetic it’s like something from a Roadrunner cartoon by Acme, powerful enough to lift a 5lb lump hammer. Between this, the magnets in the two screens and the oil filter it should keep the engines life blood cleaner for longer. 

8DD6AF3E-BAE0-44C8-ACFE-FA79AF0E4FF7.jpeg

8B81978E-40F5-4795-BC4A-F82898C5365E.jpeg

D0B419D5-2707-4D51-9B2E-C40217AA0FA6.jpeg

That  looks brill mate. Functional too. 

Problem is now. Where do you stop? 

The carbon bug is a bad one and the anodized one not much better :D 

• Like 1

Steady 100 miles yesterday just lookin around dealerships. 

3 days of work then IOM on friday. 

Cant complain i guess.. 

somwhow ended up going with a bike club too, which may or may not work for the 4 of us that usually ride together.  might just end up buggering off. We’ll see. I aint racing about and im not riding like miss daisy either :D 

• Like 2

You know you can’t be trusted to go looking round dealerships without a responsible adult looking after you. 

Enjoy the IOM, whoever you end with. 

3 hours ago, CWARD said:

You know you can’t be trusted to go looking round dealerships without a responsible adult looking after you. 

Enjoy the IOM, whoever you end with. 

True. 

Its an expensive game n i should be forced to leave all cards at home. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

True. 

Its an expensive game n i should be forced to leave all cards at home. 

Cheers! 

You need a card as security for the test ride lol 

8 hours ago, Prykey said:

not had that yet. 

I seem to get thrown the keys n told not to come back till i want one. 

Buggers they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiamk2SE said:

not had that yet. 

I seem to get thrown the keys n told not to come back till i want one. 

Buggers they are. 

That's not fair........................... :D

10 hours ago, Prykey said:

The dealers have his card details memorised he’s there so often. Apparently he has own parking space at some and the God father to the children of many sales men. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CWARD said:

The dealers have his card details memorised he’s there so often. Apparently he has own parking space at some and the God father to the children of many sales men. 

And my own coffee mug. 

Tbh if they wanted my card i’d just give em the one to the account i dont use with no money in :D:D 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Always something, isnt there? 

True, its the danger of the innocently offered test ride that I'm more worried about :D

• Haha 1

Have a test ride on a Breakout. Let me know how terrible it is, then I won’t be tempted to find out for myself only to find that I may like it. 

• Like 1

The current Harleys are actually rather good. For a Harley.

Thankfully they don't make one in the spec I wanted and I'm not going to play the "buy the Harley and then turn it into the bike you want" game again.

I did ride the R1200R today to drop the Yeti V5 off at the dealers. Engine, suspension and brain set to Dynamic. Mighty splendid fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CWARD said:

Have a test ride on a Breakout. Let me know how terrible it is, then I won’t be tempted to find out for myself only to find that I may like it. 

The Breakout comes in 2 flavours now, 107 cu in and 114 cu in using the new Milwaukee Eight Engine, I've not ridden any of the range (Touring or Softail) that uses the new engine yet! 

20 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Well now's your chance and you may as go for the big boy, who’s every wanted less power. 

No substitute for cubic inches :D