Odometer correction 2011 superb 3t WAGON

Hi guys anyone found/use a odometer correction tool to work for superb 3t. Been looking and can only find ones for Octavia's

Any advise would be great

Cheers

The odometer should be correct even though the speedometer overreads. Unless you're using bigger or smaller tyres than recommended.

The odometer should be correct even though the speedometer overreads. Unless you're using bigger or smaller tyres than recommended.

I never knew that, so how does that work - are the miles calculated from the rotation of the wheels?

If I remember correctly the mileage is stored on the ECU... If I plug my VCDS in my Ibiza it gives me the mileage of the car, accurate to within about 5 miles of the speedo... Not tried the Superb... 

Not sure about "fly by wire" but it was certainly the case at one time that the odometer had a direct mechanical link to the gearbox (and therefore the wheels) whereas the speedo relied on a magnetic drive to drag the needle round, hence the discrepancy between true and indicated MPH

That discrepancy is programmed into modern cars to give people a safety margin against accidentally drifting over the speed limit, which happens very easily if you spend most of your time looking at the road rather than the speedometer while driving - one reason I love cruise control. The Superb and other VAG cars I've checked against GPS run about 4-5% over on speed. The distance as per the trip meter and odometer should be bang on provided you're using the recommended tyres. AFAIK the car uses the ABS sensors for speed since they're already giving speed signals for use by the ABS and tyre pressure monitoring system. There may still be a legacy stand-alone speed sensor though, but since it doesn't seem to go wrong the exact details on how it works aren't a big concern :).

Edited by psycholist