Quick switched live question.

I can't find the answer to this anywhere.....

I've bought a piggy back fuse holder and will start prodding around in the fuse box tomorrow hopefully.

Are the ignition feeds live on first click and remain live until key removed? Or only on 2nd click which isn't really ideal.

Cheers

When i fitted my in car camera i found a ignition live that was live from the first click to the engine running,cant rememer which it was but it was easy enough to find with a multimeter in the fuse box on the drivers side of the dash.

Done.

I didn't manage to find any feed that was switched on the first turn of the key. So I tackled it a different way.

Seeing as I was fitting a bluetooth kit it made sense to have it switched with the stereo. On the back of the stereo on the blue CD Changer plug is a 12v output that is live when the stereo is on (regardless of ignition). I used this to trigger a relay which in turn switched a live feed (taken from the cigarette lighter socket) to a second lighter socket that I hid under the ashtray.

Turn on stereo - bluetooth switches on and phone starts charging. Sorted :)

I used a Kinivo BTC450 if anyone is interested http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-input/dp/B009NLTW60

Sadly not, but it's not an issue unless you want to keep the camera recording without the engine running but you still have to have the key in the ignition to be able to do it, but I guess its worth doing if you don't mind the extra faffing about.