Leaving the Yeti fold - bits and pieces to go

domhnall

I've not yet put together a listing for the classified section as I'm not sure when the Yeti replacement arrives but I thought I'd post in here first to see if anyone's interested in the bits and bobs that will be left when the yeti does go.

I've got 4 Vredestein WIntrac Extreme winter tyres on steel wheels - great winter tyres all with around 7mm tread left, they've done about 8000 miles by my rough reckoning. If I can find someone localish to take these that would be best as shipping will just be a hassle. I'll even deliver locally (within reason)

I've got a set of rubber floor mats, a set of mud flaps which I never got round to fitting and finally I've got the spare wheel strap which rockhopper had made to allow you to store the spare wheel vertically.

Not sure if any of these will be of interest to anyone but if you are then let me know and we can discuss money 

cheers

Domhnall

I think so and yes pre FL. I  never fitted them, they're in the garage, I will have a look later on, got to go and help someone with some VCDS coding tonight

Hi. Are the mudflaps a set of 4 and are they pre facelift?

just checked, yes there are 4 of them and they are pre facelift 

how much are you looking for the winter tyres?  im in motherwell

new with wheels they're about £500 so £250?  I'm in Livingston so we can maybe meet up half way somewhere if you like

new with wheels they're about £500 so £250?  I'm in Livingston so we can maybe meet up half way somewhere if you like

We where in Livingston Easter weekend visiting friends, only one Yeti spotted wonder if it was yours, 

We where in Livingston Easter weekend visiting friends, only one Yeti spotted wonder if it was yours, 

steel grey with a briskoda sticker on the back?

I know of around four or five within a mile of my house - see them all the time  :D There's at least two other grey ones, a blue one, a black one, a white one and a green greenline  (not that I've been counting)

or mine. I know of around four or five within a mile of my house - see them all the time  :D

They must have been in hiding for three days only the one spotted :D .  

• Like 1

Just be careful you dont end up selling off something that you might need again later......

When I traded my Skoda Superb Mk1 saloon in back in 2010, I removed the Skoda protective solid rubber bootmat that I had bought to protect the old girl.. - one of those might come in useful one day scenarios but would no doubt get thrown out when SWMBO orders a clearout...

Yeti came... and 60K later went...

Bought a brand new Skoda Superb Estate last year and was about to order a protective mat (evidently not so solid these days..) from the dealer.. ah theres that old one in the garage... i'll pop that in until I get one from the dealer..

Fits perfectly... :o

They may change the body shape every 10 minutes but that floorpan doesnt change much..

Still got all the Yeti 'extras' in the garage for when they bring back the 1.4....

Edited by Agent X20

Just be careful you dont end up selling off something that you might need again later......

When I traded my Skoda Superb Mk1 saloon in back in 2010, I removed the Skoda protective solid rubber bootmat that I had bought to protect the old girl.. - one of those might come in useful one day scenarios but would no doubt get thrown out when SWMBO orders a clearout...

Hah.... We still have a similar heavy duty rubber mat in the garage, kept it after selling our MkII, even after a house move.

It's one of those with lots of cutting grooves to fit to size, fortunately never bothered, so with luck will fit just nicely.

Can you give me a few details re spare wheel strap, using a cargo strap mat the moment which is a bit of a faf.

sorry Frenchtone has nabbed the cargo strap - if you look on Rockhopper's thread in the yeti projects section you'll see it in use as well as details of where he got it made. 

sorry I was working today just read the mail ill say no ... its ok ill pass as I just discovered I need 2 new front tyres so ill be skint ..thanks anyway

no worries, thanks for letting me know

Assuming that the tyres/wheels will fit on mine (140 TDI 4x4 elegance) then I would be interested in the them

I am in Fife but can collect end of the week.

Ta :-)

sorry folks @jonbenj is coming to see the tyres tomorrow night so unless he has a change of heart then the're sold.  For future ref though the wheels on yetis, mk2 or 3 octavias and mk 6 or 7 golfs are all interchangeable. The higher profile of this tyre though (60) while it fills the yeti wheel arch nicely, is not suitable for the octavia. Octavia tyres will fit yetis but if you look at the threads from back in 2011/12 when Johann had them on his car they just look silly