Lowering Springs- H & R before and after -VRS-

• 3 months later...

Can anyone please tell me if in the posts above when track widening of 20/30 is mentioned if it means 20mm total front widening (so 10mm spacer on each hub) or 20mm on each side which would mean a total of 40mm track widening. Same for rear...

Thanks for answering what is probably a silly question!

I have 10mm per side on the front, and 15mm per side on the rear, so a total of 20mm front and 30mm rear.

Hope that helps.

Awesome - thanks!

I have 10mm per side on the front, and 15mm per side on the rear, so a total of 20mm front and 30mm rear.

Hope that helps.

Hey butchvrs, have you got any photos of your widened ride? Cheers

I've just had Eibach 25mm springs fitted, curious to see how it affects ride etc.  Not convinced it is low enough though, the pics above of 40mm looks much better.

G'day, I'm interested to hear how it rides now with the Eibach 25mm lowering. Did you get the Eibach Sportline kit (25-30mm front drop and 25mm rear drop)  Have you got any pics??

G'day, I'm interested to hear how it rides now with the Eibach 25mm lowering. Did you get the Eibach Sportline kit (25-30mm front drop and 25mm rear drop) Have you got any pics??

Here is my vRS with Pro Kit drop I believe code number - E10-79-010-02-22

Before

D332B6F4-C9BE-404D-8F11-FC1F9665EDE6_zps

After

54055848-3167-4AA3-A9F8-250287A1CC46_zps

Edited by Moley RUFC
  • Like 1

G'day, I'm interested to hear how it rides now with the Eibach 25mm lowering. Did you get the Eibach Sportline kit (25-30mm front drop and 25mm rear drop) Have you got any pics??

Yeah the sportsline one. I haven't been that far yet, but similar in feel to stock but slightly stiffer, and a wee bit lower. I do have a before & after picture, will try to post later.

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to get some photo's Zach.

Lowered on Eibach sport line springs, 10mm wheel spacers front and 15mm rear

[attachment=74163:Brisky3.jpg

attachicon.gifBrisky1.jpg

attachicon.gifBrisky2.jpg

attachicon.gifBrisky4.jpg

Looks awesome, thanks for the pics! 

Finally got a chance to get some photo's Zach.

Lowered on Eibach sport line springs, 10mm wheel spacers front and 15mm rear

[attachment=74163:Brisky3.jpg

attachicon.gifBrisky1.jpg

attachicon.gifBrisky2.jpg

attachicon.gifBrisky4.jpg

Quick question, sorry if it has been answered elsewhere... With your spacers, front as an example, is that 10mm per side, total 20mm front widening, or 5mm per side so total 10mm front. Also, how do you find the handling being a little lower and wider. Do you think it has improved when you've got a bit of hurry on?

I've also got Eibach Pro Kit 30/35 lowering springs on my Elegance with 18" wheels and it definitely improved the ride. I also fitted Bilstein B4 shocks.

Are these shocks adjustable? Could you kindly point me in the right direction. I lowered my Elegance 12 months ago using H&R lowering springs but left the shocks as standard. I assume I will need to deal with them eventually?

Quick question, sorry if it has been answered elsewhere... With your spacers, front as an example, is that 10mm per side, total 20mm front widening, or 5mm per side so total 10mm front. Also, how do you find the handling being a little lower and wider. Do you think it has improved when you've got a bit of hurry on?

10mm each side front = 20mm total, and 15mm each side rear = 30mm total.

Yes I think it has improved it's handling, I don't push on all that often but when I do it certainly feels more planted.

I changed the springs because of aesthetics, as someone previously mentioned they seem to nearly have the same ride height as a Skoda Scout!

As for the spacers, they to were added to make the wheels fit/look better in the arches.

• Like 2

Are these shocks adjustable? Could you kindly point me in the right direction. I lowered my Elegance 12 months ago using H&R lowering springs but left the shocks as standard. I assume I will need to deal with them eventually?

Nope, B4s are only OEM equivalents, but I swapped as was not happy with my factory set up as led to believe early MY13 O3s suffered from pre-production woes. Was worried about going too firm and sure enough the B4s and Eibach were a big improvement. Done 20k since the change now and one of the rear B4s is rattling over low speed bumps, not sure if it's failed or if it is slightly bent and not returning to normal position efficiently. Probably would invest in a set of rear B6s if I had long term plans to keep the car but hoping to change next year so just turning up the radio at the moment! Edited by Matt Pez
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 19/06/2015 at 19:16, GunnerGibson said:

As part of my contract hire deal with RRG Skoda, they offered me a lowering option. I delayed the fitting due to me needing my car to move 500kg of gravel  for a gardening project :notme: . Eventually got round to taking the car to the garage on Thursday. 

Comfort- vastly more comfortable than standard springs- I was very surprised.

Ride height- stance is improved, this is the height that the VRS should have been as standard- not too chavvy .

I may well install rear spacers ( 20mm) and 10mm to the front ( in due course)

Pictured are 18 inch rims.

The salesman's demo car was a Mk3 Octavia VRS  with 19 inch extremes, and lowered 40mm.. Looked really well.

Before:

DSC_0573_zpskswckqpy.jpg

After:

DSC_0053_zpsqjqpfcb6.jpg

DSC_0057_zpsgxhdkje2.jpg

DSC_0058_zpsugkothx0.jpg

H & R 40mm drop- KBA 91444 28833

DSC_0050_zpspdrt5zg2.jpg

Hey bro

Can you post the photos again please?? Want to check how it fits the 40mm

• 10 months later...
On 20/06/2015 at 07:50, Matt Pez said:

I've also got Eibach Pro Kit 30/35 lowering springs on my Elegance with 18" wheels and it definitely improved the ride. I also fitted Bilstein B4 shocks.

Hi mate was just wondering should I lower my car 25mm or 40mm MK3 Octavia vrs as the back of them cars not good when cornering on standard springs lol

On 28/06/2019 at 16:13, london55dogs said:

Hi mate was just wondering should I lower my car 25mm or 40mm MK3 Octavia vrs as the back of them cars not good when cornering on standard springs lol

you can have a spin in mine and see, im on 40mm over standard H&Rs

6 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

you can have a spin in mine and see, im on 40mm over standard H&Rs hi mate would love to have a spin in yours but I would say your a bit far away from me lol is it a better car to drive on the 40mm springs

On 19/06/2015 at 19:16, GunnerGibson said:

As part of my contract hire deal with RRG Skoda, they offered me a lowering option. I delayed the fitting due to me needing my car to move 500kg of gravel  for a gardening project :notme: . Eventually got round to taking the car to the garage on Thursday. 

Comfort- vastly more comfortable than standard springs- I was very surprised.

Ride height- stance is improved, this is the height that the VRS should have been as standard- not too chavvy .

I may well install rear spacers ( 20mm) and 10mm to the front ( in due course)

Pictured are 18 inch rims.

The salesman's demo car was a Mk3 Octavia VRS  with 19 inch extremes, and lowered 40mm.. Looked really well.

Before:

DSC_0573_zpskswckqpy.jpg

After:

DSC_0053_zpsqjqpfcb6.jpg

DSC_0057_zpsgxhdkje2.jpg

DSC_0058_zpsugkothx0.jpg

H & R 40mm drop- KBA 91444 28833

DSC_0050_zpspdrt5zg2.jpg