Front brakes - wear sensors?

Hello

Anyone know if the brake pads on the front of the Spaceback have wear sensors (1.2TSI SE)

Going to have my pads replaced at the weekend as they are not performing well, but not sure whether I have wear sensors or not (and don't have time to whip a wheel off and check at the moment).

Cheers

Chris

Hello

Anyone know if the brake pads on the front of the Spaceback have wear sensors (1.2TSI SE)

Going to have my pads replaced at the weekend as they are not performing well, but not sure whether I have wear sensors or not (and don't have time to whip a wheel off and check at the moment).

Cheers

Chris

They have a wear indicator only if you have a 1ZC PR Code on your factory sticker.

• Like 1

Thanks eyer for the build code tip - will check the factory sticker.

JonBRapid - will be fitting Ferodo pads, if they are indeed knackered, as that's the brand I always go with.

Thanks eyer for the build code tip - will check the factory sticker.

JonBRapid - will be fitting Ferodo pads, if they are indeed knackered, as that's the brand I always go with.

How many miles have you covered?

Edited by Matt17121991

How many miles have you covered?

16,500 miles covered - factory pads are not in the best shape, but we opted to give the pads, callipers and discs a good clean up as there was a lot of brake list deposits which we think was compromising operation. With my car being an ex-demo, chances are the brakes (along with the rest of the car) were ragged for all or part of the 6,000 miles the car did before I bought it.

If they continue to behave poorly over the next few weeks, we'll swap them for the Forodo pads.

Btw, forgot to say - no wear sensor on the front brakes and no 1ZC code on the factory sticker. eyegr was spot on once again.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

To be honest I would have been surprised if it did have wear sensors. The C4 didn't have wear sensors either and that was a higher spec than my Rapid.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

It seems that they installed a wear sensor only for MY2015 onwards for some models (diesel ones??).

My TDI comes with one, albeit only on the front left wheel.

• Like 1

It seems that they installed a wear sensor only for MY2015 onwards for some models (diesel ones??).

My TDI comes with one, albeit only on the front left wheel.

Makes sense for the diesel to have them - heavier engine creates considerably more wear on the front brakes.

My Octavia was only an Ambiente model and that had sensors. That's where quality ended though [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get some decent emoticons fella - yours all look like squashed jelly-baby heads  :giggle: - it's been impossible to know what you mean for the last year  :D​ 

Edited by camelspyyder