Mileage problem, Black Smoke, and Pick Up less

akshayIndia

Hi everyone, I have Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI Rider 2005.

I am totaly fed up with the mileage and Pick up problem. In throtal Body Pipe I can see the oil. 1st and 2nd ghear it takes time to pick Up.

Average is dam low around 12km per liter.

(6.5/100km)

guys plz help

Ok, I don't know which engine code, or even tune, this model is, but the places to start will be similar for them all.

Black smoke from a diesel normally indicates heavy over-fuelling. In a non-turbo this indicates worn injectors (ok, it could mean that in a turbo-diesel too, but there are other higher probabilities).

1. Change the air cleaner element if you haven't done so in the last 4 years.
  2. If the problem came on suddenly, and was accompanied by a POP noise, check all the turbo-intercooler-throttle body connectors in case one has popped loose.
  3. This is actually the most likely, given your mention of oil in the throttle body. Take the lower hose off the intercooler (inside the right front wheel arch) and let any oil in there drain.

• 2 weeks later...

Oil in the pipes is not unusual, it always comes from the engine breather.

Loss of performance and overfuelling are almost always caused be boost leaks. Check your charge air cooler hasn't split or got a hole in it.

• 2 weeks later...

A leaking or disconnected turbo hose will give loads of black smoke as too rich - this can sometimes be heard as the engine (turbo) will hiss significantly where the pressurised air comes out of the leaking pipe..

• 2 years later...
On 6/22/2015 at 13:58, akshayIndia said:

Hi everyone, I have Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI Rider 2005.

I am totaly fed up with the mileage and Pick up problem. In throtal Body Pipe I can see the oil. 1st and 2nd ghear it takes time to pick Up.

Average is dam low around 12km per liter.

(6.5/100km)

guys plz help

i guess your problem is solved for now.  . As others said above, try to do it that way. else, get a scan done with authorized skoda tech for any fault code(s). you usually should have enough data by then. 

rest is the usual drill

thanks

Edited by pdpyen