FlexDrive from Adrian Flux Insurance

• Sponsor
Hi guys and girls, 

Hope you don’t mind a new thread. Adrian Flux Insurance now offer a new extra benefit which is available to add to a policy called FlexDrive. In short, if you have the ‘Driving other cars’ extension on your policy, which will only give you cover against third party risks, this ‘top-up’ policy will increase the cover to a comprehensive level giving up to £20,000 worth of cover for the car you are driving.

I'm not trying to give it the hard sell here - I just thought with it being unique as far as I know in the market, it was worth talking about. 

It does have some restrictions; you must already have the driving other cars third party only benefit on your policy (this doesn't buy you the extension), the car must be insured, not belong to you, or be registered at your address. It can only be added to an Adrian Flux insurance policy.

The policy is perfect for someone who has friends or relatives who are ‘in to’ their cars like you and I. Using someone else’s car with just third party cover is always a bit awkward, especially if something happens!

It won’t suit everyone I know, but for people like you and I who love their cars, it could be very handy. At £24.99 a year it’s very reasonably priced.

Cheers,

Dan.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to give it the hard sell here - I just thought with it being unique as far as I know in the market, it was worth talking about. 

Not that unique, I already have 'Comprehensive Drive Other Cars' (£30K cover) which was an option from my insurer last year (at much less than £24.99) almost a third of the price of my AF renewal (with the addition of EU breakdown and all the other bells and whistles on top, inc in price). Had an option for 'Open Driver' too so anyone would be able to drive my car fully comp also provided they held a valid EU licence and of course my permission, but I didn't need that one. 

My 'Comprehensive Driver Other Cars' option is limited in engine size though up to 2000cc beyond that it reverts back to the normal 3rd party extension, perhaps AF doesn't have that restriction? 

That's pretty cool.

I just renewed in March - Could I have it added on to my policy F.O.C for my excellent (but 2nd place :( :D) pressure washer competition?.

So basically, it's "third party with owners permission" but actually covers £20,000 fully comp value?  That is pretty awesome and would make me feel better when I drive my Dad's TT   :D

Hi,

No our policy doesn't have a restriction on the car engine size just the £20,000 value limit.

Regards,

Dan.

That would make it well worth the £24.99 to me, 2000cc is a little restrictive if someone ownes a 2.2 diesel or a 2.5 Discovery etc I would be back to 3rd only which is a bit poor, the value only is more logical. Not sure if my insurer has a blanket 2000cc or if it's in relation to my car being a 1.9 and keeping all under 2000cc at that as a limit. I do hope this becomes the industry norm though as it makes a hell of a lot more sense than the pikey 3rd only option most have been trapped by for years. I generally never touch anyone elses car for the reason that 3rd party only as far as I am concerned is too little and likewise I would never allow anyone else to drive mine on the same basis unless I knew they could afford to and would replace my car in the event.  :(

• 6 months later...

Hey Dan ! Not feeling the love from Flux here ... Quote of £481.27 with no way to improve !! Even when Briskoda mentioned !! My cheapest quote was £279 and even Direct Line managed £318 !!

• Sponsor

Hey Dan ! Not feeling the love from Flux here ... Quote of £481.27 with no way to improve !! Even when Briskoda mentioned !! My cheapest quote was £279 and even Direct Line managed £318 !!

Hi,

I'd appreciate it if you could PM me the details as I'd be happy to take a look see if there is anything more I can do.

Regards,

Dan.

• Sponsor

I am hoping flexdrive is still offered on my renewal in March.  I was a little miffed I couldn't tag it on last year after 3 or 4 months in to my policy.

Hi,

Hopefully it should still be up and running in March for you. It's proving to be really popular at the moment.

Regards,

Dan.