ECU Fail

HI Guys, after a little advice...

One of our Company cars passed its 3 yr old mark in March

It has 104'000 miles on it

It has been cutting out recently, and Skoda in Swansea have diagnosed ECU failure

The car was bought in Newport (near our office, the rep lives in swansea and uses skoda for service)

Skoda have offered 10% goodwill, and swansea skoda adding 10% goodwill (via Swansea skoda speaking with skoda uk)

Question, do you think we have a case under SOGA regarding durability of the ECU. The car is high mileage, but surely 3 years for an electronic part is not good enough?

Any advice would be well received

Thanks

Regardless of the 3 Years it was out of Warranty by mileage.

So what Service Regime did it have, Variable Oil & Filter Changes,

any Software Updates or Enhancements done at Services during the 3 Years or any Warranty work?

Can you be sure that the driver had no Tuning Box Fitted or a Remap done while it was in their Keeping.

Has the ECU been Analyzed to check the fault?

I understand the Diagnosis at the Dealership of a Faulty ECU, but there must be more to it than that.

Was this Diagnosed by Pluging into the OBD and VAS and they went ECU Gubbed,.  Computer says replace?

Im not 100% but think it was on variable, and has been serviced as per schedules at Skoda dealer.

I know the driver well, not the type to 'mod' it in any way.

The dealer has told us it needs a new ECU, but they are not the dealer we sourced from.

Im sorting that tomorrow hopefully, and getting it moved to the supplying dealer.

The fault seems to be intermittent, as it will run a few days, then cut out completely

The supplying dealer are getting in touch with me tomorrow.

Is the ECU supplied by a relay of any sort as that is likely to be a must cheaper item to eliminate, also are the ECU contacts in good nick, is it a corrosion issue due to a loom problem. I would certainly be looking to SOGA as even if a high mileage car, wear and tear isn't going to make an ECU go intermittent. I'd also like to know why they think that it needs a new ECU - what is telling them that a, is there a diagnostic code that leads them to that conclusion.