Telford - 27th September, Toby Carvery TF1 3QA

meb90

Hi all,

This is just a thread to work out whether there is any interest in a Telford/Shrewsbury/Whitchurch area based meet?

There were a few of us that met for a convoy to Rockingham, the idea was muted, so here goes!

A quick look shows that there are several possible locations for such a meet, so what do you think?

This is in no way intended to take away from the West Midlands meet that happens in South West Birmingham at the Toby Carvery.

Would be good to hear your thoughts (good or bad).

Matt

- - Update 19th August - -

We are now planning on meeting on the 27th of September at 1pm, at the Toby Carvery in Telford.

Address is Toby Carvery Telford, Shawbirch Cross Roads, Telford, Shropshire, TF1 3QA

Hope to see you there :)

Sorry for the late reply guys but I've been away sunning myself in the Canaries.

I was somewhat surprised at the amount of people who eventually joined our convoy of 4 from Telford, I think we had 13 cars by the time we reached Rockingham.

As I said on the day I'll be up for a Brisky "Telford Chapter" meet, however I work shifts so for me it'll as and when but will try to attend when I can.

Passing the buck here, but seeing as I organised the Convoy run can someone else sort the first "meet-up"

Looking to the future and being Telford based, does anybody think it maybe worthwhile contacting the organizers of Dubfest to see if we could have a club stand in the main hall?

P.S as Ant has so kindly offered we could invade his place and drink all his coffee at some point.

However be warned the AP Automotive workshop is next to a concrete place that makes paving slabs etc, so any showing and shining/polishing needs to be applied before you arrive, unless you like the swirl mark effect of course!

Hope the holiday was good Andy!

No worries on passing the buck - I certainly wasn't expecting someone else to organise! I am happy to do this :)

Dubfest? Do you mean Ultimate Dubs that was at the International Centre? If you do, there was a Briskoda stand in the outside area, and I am sure there will be another!

So we have at least 4/5 people interested which is good :)

• Like 1

Sunday mornings are better for me to be fair.. as I work a lot lol

Fair enough, hadn't thought about timing yet!

What do we reckon though - is it worth trying to organise something? Happy to take the lead on this now we have a few interested parties.

Might be worth just getting something organised and whoever turns up, turns up!

Agreed! I'll have a look at sorting something :) I am just busy for the next few weeks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hiya guys,

Sorry I have been a bit rubbish!

It sounds like we have some interest so I am going to pull my finger out, and suggest something. I am now going to struggle to do Saturdays, so Sundays work best for me.

So shall I suggest the 20th or 27th of September? So a little over a month away.

I'll suggest meeting at the Toby Carvery in Telford, as these seem to be popular, the address is:

Toby Carvery, Shawbirch Cross Roads, Telford, TF1 3QA.

Timing? How does 1pm sound? Hoping therefore people don't feel like they have to shoot off due to work on the Monday.

All are welcome, Skoda/no Skoda and +1's etc :)

If you could get back with which date you'd prefer, we can see if something would work.

Regards,

Matt