New citigo LED DRLs

Ollie 2013

Hi guys,

So as many of you may now know, the new Citigo comes with the option of having LED DRLs in place of the fog lights. As I understand it, they will work much in the same way that the current Yetti's do. So my question is, what happens to the LED DRLs when you activate side lights? I know that they will either dim or go off entirely, but uncertain as to which. 

Perhaps someone with a Yetti + LED DRLs could comment? 

Thank you so much in advance :-)

Hi guys,

So as many of you may now know, the new Citigo comes with the option of having LED DRLs in place of the fog lights. As I understand it, they will work much in the same way that the current Yetti's do. So my question is, what happens to the LED DRLs when you activate side lights? I know that they will either dim or go off entirely, but uncertain as to which. 

Perhaps someone with a Yetti + LED DRLs could comment? 

Thank you so much in advance :-)

It is likely that the sidelights will be where the current DRL's are and the new LED DRL's will either dim, or stay on (like Volvo for example) until headlights are turned on, the reason I say this is I can't imagine they would leave a blank slot in the headlight unit where the original DRL's used to be :)

So if you go for the lower DRL's are the fog lights where the DRL's were? or is it only an option if you don't have fog lights?

So if you go for the lower DRL's are the fog lights where the DRL's were? or is it only an option if you don't have fog lights?

I believe if you went for LED drls you wouldn't have front fogs, don't quote me on that though

I'm still waiting to see a Citigo with them on, before deciding to get them as an option or not. They came out in March right? So first new cars should be on the roads by now.......... :/

I'm still waiting to see a Citigo with them on, before deciding to get them as an option or not. They came out in March right? So first new cars should be on the roads by now.......... :/

To be perfectly honest, I've never been a fan of fog DRL's, they look like they we're fitted in last minute (but thinking about it it's almost as if the original DRL's were fitted last minute :wonder: )

• 2 months later...

These LEDs work perfectly instead of the standard drl bulbs. No canbus errors. They dim as parking lights as required. The light is very white. Expensive initially. Hopefully they will justify them selves by longevity as against the likes of the Mtec bulbs which lasted no time for me several times. 

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-w21-5w-canbus-27-smd-5050-led-bulbs-pair-white/?utm_campaign=map&utm_medium=email&utm_source=yotpo&yotpo_token=7ff2530f970ac68fcccd2ff2a3f5d99624fe1dfb

Edited by Liam2

If Skoda have followed the direction they've set previously with the MkII Fabia vRS and MkII Octavia Scout then if you opt for the new LED DRL's they are in lieu of the front fogs i.e. if you have them fitted there is no option to also have front fogs - as the DRL's now use the same aperture in the bumper that the fogs would.

On the Fabia vRS the LED DRL's perform both the role of side lights, parking lights and DRL's.

Ignition on = DRL's at full brightness. Side lights and / or headlights on and the DRL's dim and perform the role of side lights.

skoda-fabia-vrs-meaner-00.jpg

On the Octavia Scout the W5W side light bulbs remain in the main headlight, so the DRL's do not dim, they go out completely when side or headlights are turned on.

DRLs.jpg

I'd imagine this will be the same for the Citigo, the current DRL / side light bulb in the headlight will remain but will now be reserved solely for the side / parking light role.

• Like 1