Sign in to follow this  
PristineReflections

My Roomster Mods

(Thought this was a more appropriate place for this thread so have moved it)

Well here i go I got quite a bit of interest in my last thread (someone even listened to advice on a mod and went and got it done :sun: ). Be interesting if the roomster fans are as interested as the fabia owners.

I ordered a black roomster and have added roofrails which are being fitted next friday.

First mod was tinted rear windows to increase its van appeal.

Then i changed all the interior lights to leds. And the numberplate bulbs to led as well. After this i dechromed the front grille to a monte carlo black whick i did with carbon wrap.

My exhaust has been tarted up  with a stainless tip welded on the backbox like my fabia monte carlo was. 

I've also fitted coilovers and  have new wheels in need of some paint before they go on properly. but I have test fitted them

ive also tinted my rear lights and also put my pressed personalized plates on.

more lows are the only real plan for this year before the shows then nextyear will hopefully see some new and different things 

oh and im obsessive about detailing it really is a disease some pictures will follow :D  

f031066a32d1a43d529f705856bf0319.jpg962236c9b316529683fb6c57aafd5f77.jpg3a6ef566438b9141e9281134596f0418.jpge48f709c5f0f8a62cdd20cb93a94305f.jpga7c5552fdf37136366633e814367f657.jpg5dba68feb2baea24db1d24bb22579524.jpg3c193df4a591ab3658c6d4dc8680fafc.jpg

af7cd59e01ceb44b101eb98120cb275f.jpg

e53e734c0ad42b9f7a80a3fcd3e9110b.jpg

• Like 1

Have you taken the 15 reg off and put the DOT one on then?

Are you the guy at the National that gave out the trophy for the lowest Roomster?

Are you the guy at the National that gave out the trophy for the lowest Roomster?

No, that was me.

• Like 1

Have you had any issues trying to get wheels to fit inside your arches bossfox?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

No, when it gets really low it just sits on the tyres.

But as it's not moving I don't consider that an issue.

Yeah i have. Thinking about engine options now Boss i think your the one to speak to..

Engine options !  I have a 1.2tsi 86bhp   I have made quite a few enquiries and various reputable firms will now do a remap and bring it up to 125bhp (obviously even better than 105) and claimed to be totally safe within tolerances. Mine is 2 years old on February and I will do it after its second service.  I am more interested in a bit more torque and this can easily be provided at relative small cost !  Have you had a look at this ? 

In a previous life i had my vRS done and it was great with no issues.  Done by Jabba sport

Edited by Trotts

I have looked but similarly to you ill probably hold off until i get 2services (20k) under its belt before i do such a thing. If your looking to make it a little more capable. The st x coilovers i have will do it!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ekion
      Hi all!

I’ve been lurking in these forums for a few months, but this is my first post here. I’ve ordered a vRS 230 in Candy White with KESSY and heated front seats (no black pack), which currently has a build week in Jan (excited is an understatement).

Whilst out Christmas shopping with the Mrs, we parked next to a pre-FL version (Candy White also) without the black pack and I couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed. Admittedly it was dark, but now I’m unsure I made the right decision. I pretty quickly dismissed the option when speccing the car because I thought it looked a bit tacky, but i’ve since realised that all of the photos I’ve been drooling over for the past month or so all have the black pack selected. I could change my order now to include it, but it would likely push the build week back.

Without having both side by side to compare (in person), I’m struggling to make a decision. What’s people’s opinion/experiences with the black pack on the FL version?
    • By bullawayo
      Hi all, 

I've just bought my first Skoda. My previous car, a 530d e60 with 300bhp, I sadly lost to the weather in the Yorkshire moores last weekend during a snow storm. Hit a 30 degree decline road which was ice and couldn't control the car.

Anyway, this is my new car. I am new to Skoda's but my heart has always been with VAG cars. I have owned various Golfs/Boras/Polos etc including a G40 which was tremendous fun.

Heres an overview:
      2012 Octavia vRS Blackline Estate
      42k miles
      Full skoda history

Some pics from when I picked it up (oop North, i'm located in Basingstoke) on Friday evening:

And then some from Saturday morning:

I don't tend to hang about with cars, so got straight to it. On Saturday I removed various window stickers, gave her a proper interior clean and checked it over properly. I also fitted some LED number plate lights I had hanging around.
      On Sunday I took the car for window tinting:

Rears 20% and a black sunstrip added

Sunstrip/parked up next to one of my good friends Porkas:

The car is going into Skoda tomorrow for a major service as it is due (I got the money off the sale to pay for it). I have insisted they replace everything they can do as part of a major service (even if it "passes" visual inspection)

First impressions are good. It is not as quick as my 530d (unsuprisingly) but I have been impressed by how well it moves and the handling for an estate. 

I have also ordered a microphone, and once fitted I will enable bluetooth via VCDS.

Let me know what you guys think

Cheers
      Matt

• By ash01
      Afternoon all.
      Details below of my Skoda fabia for sale. Sad to part with it, although company car forces me to get rid of it. I really like the car, its great on fuel (60mpg easy) and has a smooth engine that is great on the motorway and looks great when cleaned up too.

Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 2014 - First Registered May 2014.
      HPI Clear.
      Meteor Grey with black roof
      Interior is also black and grey with black roof lining. It looks really nice. Whole car matches which is why I bought it. 
      1.6tdi CR 105bhp
      35.3k miles
      Upgraded headlights - nightbreaker - and tinted rear lights. 
      I have a skoda grey touch up stick that it comes with also.
      MOT due 25/04/2018 and Tax of £20 at the same time. 
      Based in Rhoose, Vale of Glamorgan - 15 mins outside Cardiff. 
      £7200 ono.
      Tel: 07590645935

Many thanks

Ash

• By Highlander19
      Hi, my yeti has is white with silver mirrors, but I saw one today with black mirrors and I think it looks better. Can you buy black mirror caps for facelift model, and are they easy to fit. I saw Painted Black Mirror Caps and Decorative Black Mirror caps in Skoda Shop one says up to 2015, and the other up to 2016. are the mirrors actually different on original and facelift models.
      Any advise gratefully received.
    • By Adamleerobbo
      Morning all, 

Im new to this site so not even sure im asking in the right place so im sorry if im not. Please let me expain my situation.. Im currently serving in the Army over in Germany and one of the pearks is that we get tax free cars with a discount..  Im looking at buying a new Octavia 245 but i cant decided on colour. I know it will cause debate but its between Black and Meteor grey. I will only be keeping the car for a year and selling it on or trading it in. What would be the best colour to do that? 

Even though its a great colout im not sure if the meteor grey is a little boy racery without trying to offend anyone and could effect sell on. 

Any help would be great.