Btcc 2004, An Opportunity For Skoda ?

MonkeyHanger

As UK Motorsport watchers, and those of us who attended Oulton Park last sunday will know, the BTCC in 2004 will be run under the current ETCC rules, which will allow for more factory teams.

There's already talk of a BMW return, and Possibly Audi too, but as Skoda haven't managed to get the Superb's on track in this years ETCC maybe this will be the perfect opportunity for them to make an impact?

Thoughts anyone?

Isnt it more about brand awareness? That was the reason Volvo entered those years ago so as to appeal to the younger buyer...and it worked.

I think Skoda might earn a few more sales than otherwise if they did, especially off their fellow group brothers........so no they probably wont enter.

Andy

AFAIK I think that Steve is right in that Seat are going to be the VAG group entrant for next year in the Toledo ........with Jason Plato and Robert Huff driving , can't believe that Skoda will be entering as i don't think they have managed to compete in a single round of the ETCC this year .

Originally posted by MonkeyHanger in this post

As UK Motorsport watchers, and those of us who attended Oulton Park last sunday will know, the BTCC in 2004 will be run under the current ETCC rules, which will allow for more factory teams.

[pedantic mode]

As a matter of fact next year's BTCC will be run under the same regulations as this year (BTC Touring). However, the second-tier BTC Production class will be ditched in favour of Super 2000, which is the ETCC rules set also used in Sweden and Denmark now. The German (Deutsche Tourenwagen Challenge) and Italian (Velocit

Originally posted by Dutch4x4 in this post

[pedantic mode]

As a matter of fact next year's BTCC will be run under the same regulations as this year (BTC Touring). However, the second-tier BTC Production class will be ditched in favour of Super 2000, which is the ETCC rules set also used in Sweden and Denmark now. The German (Deutsche Tourenwagen Challenge) and Italian (Velocit

I havent taken any notice since it appeared to become a Vauxhall only series....or so it seemed when I did watch.

Andy

ps of course if they were to reinvent it with the majority of marques taking part then I might be more interested, but until then even F1 is more iinteresting, although neither is as good as Moto GP.

Andy