Under seat storage

Fitted one on the passenger side last year, cost about £35 for all the parts from Skoda dealer, just unbolt the seat runners, slide seat back & fitted no problem.

My 63 plate Octavia Vrs has a HI-Vis Slot under the drivers seat and a Srorage box passenger side which is only big enough to get a pork pie in

I like the sound of that. Skoda have missed a trick by not having an option for fitting an Octavia pork pie holder.

After all Land Rover did invent the curry hook!

• Like 1

Fitted one on the passenger side last year, cost about £35 for all the parts from Skoda dealer, just unbolt the seat runners, slide seat back & fitted no problem.

Thanks, canderson. Any unusual driver size/head? And do you use the box?

Just don't go there, dohmnall...

actually, in preparing to hand the yeti back on Tuesday I pressed the cd option this morning and there is a CD in one of the slots, it's been missing for over three years  :dull:

Van you take out the under seat boxes too and fit them to your new car?

given that I didn't notice they were there until yesterday I can't say I am too fussed. The Yeti has a modest boot compared with the Octy and it's been big enough to store all my stuff, I hardly think I need an extra cubby hole :-)

• Like 1

given that I didn't notice they were there until yesterday I can't say I am too fussed. The Yeti has a modest boot compared with the Octy and it's been big enough to store all my stuff, I hardly think I need an extra cubby hole :-)

There are certain items I rather carry inside than leave in boot, chargers etc. So I don't need to pull over everytime I need them. 

From what I gather the Skoda part numbers for Under seat storage are:

Left: 3T0 881 577 C 9B9 (Passangers side for Right hand drive car)

Right: 3T0 881 578 C 9B9 (Passangers side for Left hand drive car)

Ironically, I want to remove mine so I can fit fire extinguisher, but I am too lazy :D

You need to see my big how to I did for MK7 Golf which will be the same as the MK3 Octavia..................linky here:-

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7939

I put the fire extinguisher in the boot, not ideal, but it is there with warning triangle and first aid kit. Under the both seats are the HV vests.

Don't put it in the boot because if you are trapped in the car & the car goes on fire you can't get to it!.........& having been in an upside-down car & unable to get out of my side in is NOT an experiance I wish to repeat.

• 1 year later...

From what I gather the Skoda part numbers for Under seat storage are:

Left: 3T0 881 577 C 9B9 (Passangers side for Right hand drive car)

Right: 3T0 881 578 C 9B9 (Passangers side for Left hand drive car)

Thanks!

I had the box in my MY15 octavia and I forgot to check it when ordering my pre-FL MY17. (I think they've changed it to be able to store a simply clever umbrella now?).

Having ice cream loving kids in the car we always carried this in the box:

KIDSME-kiss-my-hand-to-mouth-baby-newbor