Dodo juice blue velvet pro

Rutty555

Hi, anyone else using this, used this?

My findings 1st use:

Picked new car up, race blue VRS, dealer was good, just did a light wash to remove transport guff, no SPONGE! So i decided it was in great nick and opted against clay mitt. Snow foamed, 2 bucket wash (dodo juice) then used pre wax polish. (dodo juice lime)

Onto the PRO, so easy on easy off as expected. Now its quite dear, and TBH the car was looking good, however it did not WOW me. Its a brand new car i no, so i should not of been expecting the colour to ping, i tell myself, and its only 1 coat.

Well a few days later, driving up motorways in rain, round coutry roads AKA fly traps, i have to say it the wax has grown on me. Im really impressed with the fact nothing seems to stick to it, the water and dirt flys off. The flys are stuck on the bumper, but a light wipe has them gone. The most impressive thing is probably in my imagination but the car is definately shining more now, 4 days after application!

2nd coat today, ill get some pics. Overall happy with this wax.

Edited by Rutty555
  • Like 3

I've been like that before mate. But the wax only adds the last 5% of the look on average. Some waxes will give you that WOW factor on certain colours though. That's the bonus of reading reviews like this, so thanks for posting bud.

I'm happy for you that it has grown on you, nothing worse than feeling that you've wasted money!! I'm sure it will do you a job. How did the 2nd coat go?

We always love a few pictures;)

• Like 2

I've been like that before mate. But the wax only adds the last 5% of the look on average. Some waxes will give you that WOW factor on certain colours though. That's the bonus of reading reviews like this, so thanks for posting bud.

I'm happy for you that it has grown on you, nothing worse than feeling that you've wasted money!! I'm sure it will do you a job. How did the 2nd coat go?

We always love a few pictures;)

Thanks Hunty!

2nd coat went well, in all honesty it looks good, glass like would be the finish. It looks really clean if that makes sense? The durabiltity and beading is not in doubt.

I am impressed now, not wow'ed but i think after having a white car for 2 years and using AG srp and AG egp finished with r222 wax i am mentally used to the slick deep really wet look finish.

I cant fault the wax its just a personal thing, I think i will give it a month though, clay mitt then try another (small pot this time!) wax.

Photos soon! I just need to remember my photobucket password and download it again to phone!

Cheers

• Like 2

Thanks Hunty!

2nd coat went well, in all honesty it looks good, glass like would be the finish. It looks really clean if that makes sense? The durabiltity and beading is not in doubt.

I am impressed now, not wow'ed but i think after having a white car for 2 years and using AG srp and AG egp finished with r222 wax i am mentally used to the slick deep really wet look finish.

I cant fault the wax its just a personal thing, I think i will give it a month though, clay mitt then try another (small pot this time!) wax.

Photos soon! I just need to remember my photobucket password and download it again to phone!

Cheers

Just catching up with this thread....

I can certainly understand your comments; especially if you have been using R222.

One of my favourite waxes and always gives good results.

Slick, glossy, great flake pop, just not the most durable really.

Looking forward to your next update :thumbup:

• Like 2

I find it gives a nice smooth finish but does not bead that we'll. A G aqua wax beads better. It goes on and off easily though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Agreed. A lad who parks next to me at work looks after his Audi, (different department) heard he does valeting on the side. Anyhow i finished work and went to car, its drizzling, and all i can see is loads of water on mine and hardly a drop on his. Seriously, his car was almost dry, i just stood there watching the drizzle just flow off his car. Ill have to try and find him one day...

Beads this morning after sone light rain overnight.

This on top of AG shampoo and somebodyorothers polish.

c0d32b8d9e9558e81cbe6a1e6ea7dedc.jpg

Hardly exciting...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thats her near a thousand miles now with pro.

I just snow foamed her then 2 bucket wash, open hose wash down then dried. Done the windows and tyres with AG gear.

Im have to admit to being impressed now with the pure durability and fact nothing really sticks to it. Near 3 weeks now with 2 coats of above wax.

Conclusion: I'm impressed, but again, just from the gut, i don't love it.

Im going to give it until August then ill do the full clay mitt etc and reapply the pro wax.

After that ill decide if I'm going to try another wax.

• Like 3

It is a lovely colour. The finish looks lovely too!

I bought some Victoria Concourse wax and wasn't blown away as I was expecting. I sold it soon after but now wish I'd kept it as I think my expectations of waxes were too high. You've just got to try a few and see what takes your fancy. That's why samples are so awesome.

• Like 2

Hunty thanks, and your right Ill look out for the samples.

Your 100% percent on that, it just does not do it for me, im painfully aware its a great wax and im sure the look maybe what the next man wants, im just uber particular. The look i want would not be the next mans choice im sure.

When im happy i bet people will say its silly ha ha, but im going to try and get into the samples now for sure.

On a final note ill just give this wax a straight 9 outta 10. I cannot fault it even taking into account what ive said. On reflection the car is a new colour on me, the weather has been poor not giving it a fair chance either. Its easy on easy off and as you can hopefully see the finish is like glass, and it simply does not let dirt attach to it.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

I completely agree mate, there are waxes out there that aren't for me too, and I can't really put my finger on it.

Keep us posted buddy. Always interesting to see how people get on. Thanks for sharing bud. Really appreciate your opinion on it.

• Like 1

It is a lovely colour. The finish looks lovely too!

I bought some Victoria Concourse wax and wasn't blown away as I was expecting. I sold it soon after but now wish I'd kept it as I think my expectations of waxes were too high. You've just got to try a few and see what takes your fancy. That's why samples are so awesome.

Completely agree on this Neil.

Vic's Concours gave good results - but was so oily and a nightmare to use "most of the time";

unless you had the correct window of panel/air temp and humidity etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. 1000 miles up on vrs and dodo pro.

Went back to what i know i like. Someone said preperation is key!?

Powerwash (soft)

Snowfoam: auto finese Avalanche

Wash dodo lambs wool mitt, dodo wax safe wash, 2 bucket.

Powerwash.

Clay mitt.

Powerwash.

Snow foam.

2 bucket wash.

DRY (dodo towels)

Auto glym SRP

AG EGP

WAX dodo pro again.

Windows: nilglass

Tyres: AG

Alloys AG Wheel seal.

Done.

Ps: AG bug remover.

Gotta say, im now happy with the 'look'.

Good work, once again

If I may be so bold.....

Why use the AGEGP? Its a fairly poor sealant and designed to be a LSP product for AGSRP

I would leave it out...but it was probably dissolved by the wax anyway unless you left it a good 2 hours before waxing

Just my recommendation..Feel free to ignore IYW

No didnt leave it 2 hours!! Agh well!! Could of done without wasting me time, im knackered now! I just used it Chris because i have it, and it always looked good on me old white car!

But thanks for advise, im here to learn, and with your help im learning.

Many many thanks.

• Like 1