Amundsen+ with No Bluetooth Module

Hey Guys

Feel like I am starting to spam the forums a little here. I do apologise :sweat: I'm looking for somebody in a similar position to myself. Albeit a little more clued up than me.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/252899-amunsden-plus-bluetooth-and-microphone-install-how-to/page-11

As per the above post #310 - I have 00:00:00:00:00 for my MAC address so I don't have the Amundsen+ with built in Bluetooth. To further complicate matters I don't believe my car has Bluetooth Preparation either.

As the Amundsen+ is just a rebranded RNS315 I think I have been able to Identify that I need:

A 9W7 Bluetooth Module

And a Cable to fit it (Microphone & Bluetooth)

This is where everything starts to get a little complicated. I am looking for somebody who already has a none Bluetooth Amundsen+ with seperate Bluetooth preparation. From what I understand the Module should be found under one of the front Seats. Can somebody let me know what model they have installed. I've seen a couple on eBay, but its an expensive purchase if I'm wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also just a few things to mention.

• I'm open to suggestions of buying a Bluetooth enabled Amundsen+/RSN315, however it would need to be Skoda Branded as I think my OCD would get the better of me if it came up with a VW/Seat Splash Logo at start up
  • An after market head unit is not somewhere I want to go as I have parking sensors that currently work through the Amundsen+
  • I don't want this to cost the earth. Ideally £200 is the maximum I want to spend

Thanks in Advance

DaltzSki

I'm sure you can put the blutooth module someplace else than under the seat to avoid messing with wires. I don't know how big the unit is but I'm sure you could hide it behind the top glove box as there's loads of room and a big bar to tie wrap it too and makes it easy to get the wiring in from the head unit through the back of the box up the left a pillar and ini to the interior light for the dedicated mic

Ive got an amundsen+ with an OEM module on one car bought used and I connected it up and had it coded - works a treat. Its under the seat but it can fit up behind the glovebox easy enough

Ive got an amundsen+ with a fiscon unit that works just like OEM on another

Ive got an amundsen+ with an OEM module on one car bought used and I connected it up and had it coded - works a treat. Its under the seat but it can fit up behind the glovebox easy enough

Ive got an amundsen+ with a fiscon unit that works just like OEM on another

You might be my favourite person in the forums currently. Could I trouble you for the model number of the OEM unit? I want to make sure I get the right item as there seem to be many variables claiming the same thing.

The main reason I am buying this kit is for the Bluetooth streaming, the hands free is just a nice to have extra. I read somewhere that the Bluetooth streaming only works through a couple of speakers rather than all 8? Is this a myth?

Also, just to make sure I'm not being a total noob, is there anyway I could have missed the OEM under the seat or is it practically impossible?

Thanks in Advance

DaltzSki

So i have an amunsden and my car has no bluetooth built in and anytime i press the phone button it just mutes it ! Can i get one of these bluetooth modules for it to work or no ?

Hey Big P ;)

I've just installed the Bluetooth Module and Mic tonight, which was the worst thing I have ever done in my life by the way.

I thought the hard part was installing the Mic as its lost of pulling trim apart, however the Bluetooth Module and Loom are so big they don't really fit in the limited space behind the head unit, however with a lot of patience it can be done (as long as you are prepared to pull the dash half to pieces)

Just to confirm, do you have the Amundsen+/RNS 315? And have you checked to see if you have a MAC address on the unit http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/252899-amunsden-plus-bluetooth-and-microphone-install-how-to/page-11 Pic 3, Post 308?

If it has something other than all 0's, you just need the Mic installing and the Bluetooth activating via VCDS, if you don't you'll need the module, which can be found here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-P-P-Bluetooth-9w7-Premium-KIT-VW-7P6035730M-A2DP-SDS-SEAT-SKODA-RNS510-/111615512887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fccd9137 with all cables. Once installed this also needs activating via VCDS

Thanks & Good Luck

DaltzSki

Hey Big P ;)

I've just installed the Bluetooth Module and Mic tonight, which was the worst thing I have ever done in my life by the way.

I thought the hard part was installing the Mic as its lost of pulling trim apart, however the Bluetooth Module and Loom are so big they don't really fit in the limited space behind the head unit, however with a lot of patience it can be done (as long as you are prepared to pull the dash half to pieces)

Just to confirm, do you have the Amundsen+/RNS 315? And have you checked to see if you have a MAC address on the unit http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/252899-amunsden-plus-bluetooth-and-microphone-install-how-to/page-11 Pic 3, Post 308?

If it has something other than all 0's, you just need the Mic installing and the Bluetooth activating via VCDS, if you don't you'll need the module, which can be found here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-P-P-Bluetooth-9w7-Premium-KIT-VW-7P6035730M-A2DP-SDS-SEAT-SKODA-RNS510-/111615512887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fccd9137 with all cables. Once installed this also needs activating via VCDS

Thanks & Good Luck

DaltzSki

You just feed the loom up to radio and plug it in. The BT module - just slide it up behind the glovebox. Its a 15 min job

I just have a normal amunsden .... no plus ! Is this the same thing i am looking out for tho with all the 0s ?

Yes.

The Amundsen is RNS310

The Amundsen+ is RNS315

The '+' has no bearing on the capabilities of the units, so it's permutations of RVC / BT / DAB that are available.

If your "non + " has a MAC of all 0's, there's no BT.

• 7 years later...

I know this an old post but may be some can help. I am fitting an Amundsen + RNS315  radio to  73 VW Karmann Ghia and need some help wiring telephone module. I got the radio out a Skoda that I had that was written off Got radio out ok and identified the wiring but because of damage to front of car was only able to get module and cut wiring .Can any one supply me with wiring diagram .There is a multi plug with 8 wires and separate red plug . There is a VW part number on module 3C8 035 730D. Any help appriciated