Brochure now available to download

MPM

SE L Exec model

- Brouchure shows leather as standard while Alcantara is not an option

- Website configurator shows Alcantra as standard while full leather is not an option

Confused.

post-129556-0-49758500-1436706585_thumb.jpg

Edited by Didorx

Quite a few discrepancies I've come across, but I suppose this is a big one. Having had both it would be nice to be able to have the Alcantara on this spec.

• Like 1

Quite a few discrepancies I've come across, but I suppose this is a big one. Having had both it would be nice to be able to have the Alcantara on this spec.

Yes, just spotted another one... 1.6 TDi DSG has exactly the same 0/60 as the 2.0 TDi.

Let's hope there's a bit more attention to detail when building the cars...

• Like 2

Errors I've spotted:

Boot net programme listed as standard on SE L (over SE) and standard over SE L on L&K

Engine specifications (pages 42 & 43) Petrols both listed as Estate, Diesels both listed as Hatchback (where one should be Hatchback and one Estate for both Diesel and Petrol).

Maybe the 'work experience kid' was let loose on the proof read or there's no quality assurance proceedures in the company. As someone else has already said - I hope they pay more attention when building the car!

As a software developer and tester I'd never put anything live with so many glaring mistakes. Then again, I think I appear to be more professional in my approach! A sign of the times?

This all sounds like a right mess but not surprised really!  Take a look at many brochures, guides, even daily newspapers nowadays - full of typos, inaccuracies and just plain sloppy work.  One of the disadvantages of the digital age we live in I guess with the assumption that technology will do the thinking for us!  I've also noticed this with some of the motoring journalists and their reviews of the Superb III in particular - all they have to do is cut and paste from the launch material and they can't even get that right!

Configurator not up on the Skoda Ireland site yet - lets hope they are taking extra time to proof read :)

I blame Skoda UK as I'm assuming they've put the UK brochure together.

German broschüre is different, and of course.. accurate!

http://www.skoda-auto.de/SiteCollectionDocuments/PDF%20Prospekte/Superb_PuA_2015_07_03.pdf

This might be an unfair assumption but... have been quite unimpressed with the UK Marketing & PR lot on a number of issues.

Still, good to see the Head of Marketing for Skoda UK has moved to become Head of Customer Quality & Network Development for the brand - ironic to say the least!

Seriously... if my company issued a document to customers with so many mistakes, heads would certainly roll !

• Like 1

I blame Skoda UK as I'm assuming they've put the UK brochure together.

German broschüre is different, and of course.. accurate!

http://www.skoda-auto.de/SiteCollectionDocuments/PDF%20Prospekte/Superb_PuA_2015_07_03.pdf

This might be an unfair assumption but... have been quite unimpressed with the UK Marketing & PR lot on a number of issues.

Still, good to see the Head of Marketing for Skoda UK has moved to become Head of Customer Quality & Network Development for the brand - ironic to say the least!

Seriously... if my company issued a document to customers with so many mistakes, heads would certainly roll !

Interesting point, the German brochure doesn't show the 280 ps 2.0 TSi engline at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Woohoo! New version of the brochure available.

After a quick glance through it looks like they've sorted a lot of the issues.

The reference to the Supersport steering wheel, which appeared nowhere else, has gone.

Bootnet programme now shown correctly in options.

Petrol/Diesel data now listed correctly.

SE L upholstery updated (Alcantara added).

But into every life must be thrown a little confusion - they seem to have got the 18" Modus and 18" Pegasus (the non-anthracite) wheels mixed up for the L&K option.

• Like 1

Woohoo! New version of the brochure available.

After a quick glance through it looks like they've sorted a lot of the issues.

The reference to the Supersport steering wheel, which appeared nowhere else, has gone.

Bootnet programme now shown correctly in options.

Petrol/Diesel data now listed correctly.

SE L upholstery updated (Alcantara added).

But into every life must be thrown a little confusion - they seem to have got the 18" Modus and 18" Pegasus (the non-anthracite) wheels mixed up for the L&K option.

Where can I download it from?

if its the July one its been up for a couple of weeks and is as rubbish as the other literature.

e.g. no pictures of an actual Business SE spec (or even a UK spec). Page 17 it states Stratos alloys are the Standard, then on page 18 it says Stratos are only on the 1.6 TDI. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had another (PDF) brochure sent to me by a local dealer today, this the third brochure dated July ’15, however I suspect this is version 2?

Options list:

Version 1

Picture of a black seat with the description “Brown ventilated leather upholstery  

Version 2 (which is what I have been sent)

Picture of a brown ventilated leather L&K seats  (corrected from version 1)

The alcantara / leather option for the SE L is still not showing

Boot net programme is a £55 option on all trim levels

Version 3

Alcantara / Leather is showing as an option on the SE L (both black and beige)

Boot net programme is std on the SE L and L&K) as per the ’Standard Equipment’ description.

1/ It would make life so much easier if they numbered the brochures (e.g. July ’15.1 , then 15.2 etc)

2/ WTF are Škoda playing at if they have needed 3 (+?... whats to say version 3 is correct) attempts at getting the brochure correct... maybe that is why the physical brochure is still not available?

3/ Why are dealers sending out a brochure that is not the latest version??

• Like 1