Superb Mk II SE 2009 - no MDI connector?

Hi folks,

I've just picked up my Superb Mk II SE (2009) and I'm trying to determine what external connectivity options I have for the Bolero head unit.

Most of the aftermarket options I've found so far connect to either the CD changer port or the MDI port. (I understand the MDI port is located in the box behind the handbrake, where the 3.5mm Aux In socket is.)

Unfortunately the Bolero unit has a built-in CD changer so there is no CD changer port, and I've looked in the handbrake-box but can't see anything other than the 3.5mm stereo jack.

Am I missing something obvious here? Might the MDI socket be fitted elsewhere in the car? I thought all post-2008 Superbs had an MDI socket...

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)

Hi folks,

I've just picked up my Superb Mk II SE (2009) and I'm trying to determine what external connectivity options I have for the Bolero head unit.

Most of the aftermarket options I've found so far connect to either the CD changer port or the MDI port. (I understand the MDI port is located in the box behind the handbrake, where the 3.5mm Aux In socket is.)

Unfortunately the Bolero unit has a built-in CD changer so there is no CD changer port, and I've looked in the handbrake-box but can't see anything other than the 3.5mm stereo jack.

Am I missing something obvious here? Might the MDI socket be fitted elsewhere in the car? I thought all post-2008 Superbs had an MDI socket...

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)

Hi its unlikely you will have a MDI fitted however if you do it will either be located in the glove box or arm rest chubby box where your 2.5 aux will be fitted as standard.

• Like 1

There are instructions around the forum for fitting the MDI connection. I haven't felt the need for it thanks to the 32 GB SD card I put in the Columbus head unit, but plugging in a big USB disk drive would be a nice option for more than 32 GB of storage. 

Also check whether you have bluetooth streaming of music from your phone as another option to stream music. Newer bluetooth modules support track names and navigation using the steering wheel controls but my 2011 car doesn't.

• Like 1

I retrofitted Bluetooth and MDI in mine when i got it.

As said above, there's plenty of guide about how to and plenty of listings on fleabay for the loom and modules.

Thanks once again folks.

I retrofitted Bluetooth and MDI in mine when i got it.

As said above, there's plenty of guide about how to and plenty of listings on fleabay for the loom and modules.

@MarkTB, if you don't mind me asking, how did you solve the coding problem after adding the new modules?

Me and my dad have vCDS so just activated 'Telephone' and 'Media Player' in the CAN Gateway from memory, then worked great on the Maxi dot and everything.