my 16 amunsden sd card on back order

As above, picked up my riored vrs yesterday, they couldnt get the satnav to work, until I pointed out that it was a my16 version, although it had been ordered to my chasis number, they sent the out dated one, told its on backorder could come soon or sometime never, iv had my prerequiste chat with skoda customer fob off, now I can speak to a case manager now at the excec level, and also vw finance as its their car im renting, just thought id post to give a heads up to thse waiting for cars with amunsden, so they can confront the dealers and have it sorted before delivery, its not an issue for me, but they dont need to know that, and il be pushing for a goodwill off them

Could you not download the update and put it on an SD card?

No - the SD cards are bound to the vehicle - copy protection

No - the SD cards are bound to the vehicle - copy protection

The cards certainly have a protection mechanism but since when have they been bound to a specific vehicle?

They aren't bound to a specific vehicle.

Mine certainly is not. But has the system changed with the latest Amundsen unit update? The capacity of the card has increased significantly on the latest units which suggests they may not be backwards compatible.

the card should have been present on pick up, whether it can be copied updated is not the issue, it is their responsibility not the customer to ensure that the car and its compents are ready and working before pick up

Edited by cortina63

What has backwards compatibility got to do with anything?

We are in serious trouble if Skoda start locking SD cards to VINs, seeing as they can't even get the right SD Card (or any at all) supplied with a new vehicle.

the card should have been present on pick up, whether it can be copied updated is not the issue, it is their responsibility not the customer to ensure that the car and its compents are ready and working before pick up

Very true - I wonder what they would have done if you had refused to accept the car as the SatNav was non-functional?

It wasn't those muppets at Simpsons was it by any chance?

Very true - I wonder what they would have done if you had refused to accept the car as the SatNav was non-functional?

It wasn't those muppets at Simpsons was it by any chance?

hi andy, no mate it was from david ian, but to be fair to them, they took the card out of the box labelled up with my chasis plate, that had been sent from skoda, its the skoda muppets needs a rocket, i use my own sat nav that i use with my classic fords anyway, but have just stirred it with skoda, as there will no doubt be customers that rely on the satnav working for their job etc

Edited by cortina63

it's all very odd, I mentioned this to my dealer before my car arrived and they checked and double checked and made sure the  right card was present (which it was).

My SD card was an older version, all I did was go to the skoda site, enter my vin and downloaded the update, which U.S. Working perfectly.

Can't believe this is still an issue. My car is due in a few weeks so will be attempting to "steer" the dealer in the right direction. Andyvee, I'm getting it through Simpsons, why the "muppet" reference? What should I be aware of? Cheers.

Can't believe this is still an issue. My car is due in a few weeks so will be attempting to "steer" the dealer in the right direction. Andyvee, I'm getting it through Simpsons, why the "muppet" reference? What should I be aware of? Cheers.

Make sure it is 100% correct before you drive off the forecourt ........

Lets just say I am aware of 20+ owners who will never take a car there again for servicing or warranty work and prefer to go miles out of their way to get the job done correctly first time.

For example, when you have a Fabia vRS in for reported high oil consumption ( a common problem ) do you think it is a good idea to hand the car back to the owner at closing time without a drop of oil in the engine (because you have drained it) and let them drive off down the motorway? That is what happened to 1 Briskodian.

hi andy, no mate it was from david ian, but to be fair to them, they took the card out of the box labelled up with my chasis plate, that had been sent from skoda, its the skoda muppets needs a rocket, i use my own sat nav that i use with my classic fords anyway, but have just stirred it with skoda, as there will no doubt be customers that rely on the satnav working for their job etc

Skoda don't send them, the dealer orders them :) It wouldn't surprise me if the dealer put the chassis sticker on there after ordering the wrong card :)

Appreciate the Heads Up. Had no idea. Will ensure I take my time looking the car over on hand over. (Be difficult as I'll be giddier than a giddy thing). Go through all functions, check levels under the bonnet etc. thanks.

Skoda don't send them, the dealer orders them :) It wouldn't surprise me if the dealer put the chassis sticker on there after ordering the wrong card :)

if it was simpsons then yes from my experience of the std of staff there, but with di skoda i dont think thats the case, the dealers have to order them from skoda as otherwise they will get nicked iam told, iv been dealing with the dealership and david hainsworth for over 12 years, and after reading horror stories that some post of their dealer experience, iv considered myself lucky that i am dealing with a dealership of high standards of customer care, when byuing through to servicing

• Like 1