Got a felicia a couple of weeks ago ( V reg 1.3 mph) ad have been having problems with the accelerator pedal sometimes having no effect.

Had a look today and found a cable trapped under the plastic air intake where it is bolted to the engine.

The cable was both stretched and had some damage to its outer casing.

I have put electrical tape around it and pushed the wires firmly into the plug block at the top right of the engine routed the wire to what looked like the correct path ( as there was an empty cable support there) and the accelerator now seems to be working fine.

I would prefer a long term more reliable fix so is it easy to change the whole cable for a good second hand one? It looks like it goes to just two plug blocks at the top right of the engine but I don't know where it connects at the other end or if it is part of a much larger wiring loom. 

Hoping it is an easy fix

Thanks

graphite58

A photo is better than 1,000 words. Why do you struggle with convoluted descriptions?

uma1998

The guy needs some advice. Are you going to use each and every reply trying to sell whatever was left from your crashed car instead of giving people free technical advice? Show that you care. Show how knowledgeable you are.

• Like 1

This is the cable - you can see my crude attempts to cover the damage with brown electrical tape.

The cable had been trapped under the air intake unit and was under strain so some of the wires had also com lose from the big connector.

Have got those back in but would really like another cable if possible due to the damage where all the tape now is35488cf7c32d276c8d161b51f825edb1.jpg

I would do my best to insulate individually the wires that got the core exposed. Changing the wiring loom is a major pita.

Actually it's not, it's a simple 10 miniute job to change te fuel injection loom.

I am sure it is easy. For you :) But the guy expressed concerns about the cable end not seen in the photo. We have to take in consideration how skilled he is with wire and connector repairs. To me it sounds more like an esthetic repair. But each to their own...