Radiator fans continue to run with ignition turned off

For some time I've been repeatedly getting a flat battery, usually after parking overnight

I finally realized that the radiator fans continue to run even when the ignition is switched off

I's not overheating. It happens even after driving a very short distance

In fact I only have to turn the ignition on without starting and the fans come on

I found the only way to stop it is to disconnect the power

Instead of disconnecting the battery each time I remove the fuse, end to left on top of the battery.

I can replace the fuse straight away and the fans remain still

I just have to turn on the ignition and they start again

I'd be grateful for any advice

Could be the control box underneath the passenger chassis leg that the fans all plug through?

I have a spare one of those if you can somehow determine it is that box.  It's about 5" x 2" x 2" :)

• Like 1

Mine does this but doesnt flatten the battery although i did previously have a problem with the battery going flat over a few days which turned out to be the brake light switch sticking on.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be the control box underneath the passenger chassis leg that the fans all plug through?

I have a spare one of those if you can somehow determine it is that box.  It's about 5" x 2" x 2" :)

Thank you for your reply

Sorry for delayed response, I've been away.

I'm going to try and dig deeper tomorrow and I'll let you know

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

Just in case, I can't remember specifically which fuse now, but if this one is out / damaged, the fans start right away with the ignition off.

Hopefully you have sorted this out.