Help for possible engine in Reims, France

Nit wanting to be a arse, but id ask a mod to take your email and mob number post off vee8essie.... and pm them to blue river... some nefarious individuals lurking about the tinterwebs...

• Like 1

How fast are you losing oil, and how much are you topping up?.

Has the cooling system been bled of airlocks to be sure you are actually losing coolant rather than expelling air?, again how much are you putting in to top up the coolant?.

Also, can somebody do a capture on that app as a passenger whilst you are driving at 2-3000 rpm so we can see what goes on then?

yes still have the turbo yours for the cost of delivery if you want you can email me email is [email protected] mob is 07752468692 glad to help you BARRY

Hi mate sorry to jump in but dont suppose turbo and wastegate is still available?

Been struggling with boost and have already thrown away nearly £300 trying to solve the issues.

Paul

• 1 month later...

It's been a long time of getting things off and back on again.

Struggled with studs from the turbo to manifold and also getting the mounting plate off of the turbo.

I managed to get all back together and started filling with coolant. It filled a bit, and then a bit more, and then more and more, until I realised it was ****ing out the bottom of the engine bay.

Today I've managed to get it all back apart again! Taken out the intercooler pipe and egr system. Pulled out the manifold again! Screws are a nightmare to get to. And it's leaking off the top of the turbo coolant banjo bolt!

Any ideas which way the spacers go round. I guessed that the large space goes below the pipe, but there's a small spacer/washer on there as well.

I had it with washer at the top, then coolant pipe, then spacer. Is this correct?

Maybe I didn't town it up enough.

Nightmare buddy. Think you've got the DV and non return valve correct as your pipes appear to fit correctly. Although as the both attach to the TIP don't think it matters which sits where. Good luck!

Edited by Leeboy

I'll be starting up tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's all ok after manhandling half of the engine bay!

Thanks Leeboy. Don't think the non return valve stretches to the far hole anyway.

I'll leave it to idle for a while before doing anything. Make sure the oil etc is circulating properly.

I'll be starting up tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's all ok after manhandling half of the engine bay!

Thanks Leeboy. Don't think the non return valve stretches to the far hole anyway.

I'll leave it to idle for a while before doing anything. Make sure the oil etc is circulating properly.

I'd recommend that you crank it over on the starter without it firing so that oil pressure builds fully including through the oil feed to the turbo. Best way to do this without fuelling the engine is to disconnect the connectors for each injector along the fuel rail. Then crank away until oil light on dash goes out and then some more for good measure. Thereafter reconnect the injectors and take it for a spin! Edited by Leeboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd pellet people know where I am with this.

Now got a 9 day old baby, so on the back burner now...

Did manage to get it started, sounded like it was blowing somewhere. Was deep airy sound. Haven't had it started since.