Climatronic

Nick_H

My 2005 vRS certainly has climatronic.

I know they don't advertise it, but its on my car, I only noticed as the weather got colder recently. Not moving the temperature dial, the heating system started blowing warm air into the cabin to raise the temperature. I haven't touched the temp dial for 2 months now, and the heating system always warms or cools the car to the set temp.

Anyone who doesn't believe me is welcome to come for a drive with me to confirm this.

Oh and to answer the first question, yes it works with the air-con turned off. However on very hot days it will only blow ambient temp air, it won't engage the air-con itself, nor if the air-con is on, will it turn off the air-con when it doesn't need it.

My 2005 vRS certainly has climatronic.

I know they don't advertise it' date=' but its on my car, I only noticed as the weather got colder recently. Not moving the temperature dial, the heating system started blowing warm air into the cabin to raise the temperature. I haven't touched the temp dial for 2 months now, and the heating system always warms or cools the car to the set temp.

Anyone who doesn't believe me is welcome to come for a drive with me to confirm this.[/quote']

No it doesn't.

Climatronic doesn't have a dial - air con does.

No it doesn't.

Oops sorry got my climates mixed up. No its not Climatronic, as that has the digital control with full auto function.

My Fabia has Climatic, which again isn't advertised.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does. My car does have Climatronic. You're thinking of Climate. Climate automatically adjusts the fan speed and temp to the set temp. Climatronic does not set the fan speed but will adjust the temperature of the air to whatever temp is set on the dial.

Edited to say. Yeah I got it wrong 2 !!

Yes it does. My car does have Climatronic. You're thinking of Climate. Climate automatically adjusts the fan speed and temp to the set temp. Climatronic does not set the fan speed but will adjust the temperature of the air to whatever temp is set on the dial.

Edited to say. Yeah I got it wrong 2 !!

The Fabia has Climatic (manual climate control)

The Octy and Superb have Climatronic (automatic climate control)

Chris

I prefer manual control. On the furby you dont even have to take your eyes off the road to twiddle the nobs. (Or the audio for that matter) I had full auto climate control on my Discovery but usually overrode the settings as they were seldom want I wanted it to do. But the defrost butom was good as it set everything to clear windows & mirrors asap.

There are three types of climate control - 1. Manual climatic control; 2. Manual climatic control that holds up the temperature automaticaly (in the Fabia) and 3. Climatronic - absolutely automatic climat control (in superb, octavia....) That says Auto bild magazine ;)

I prefer manual control. On the furby you dont even have to take your eyes off the road to twiddle the nobs. (Or the audio for that matter) I had full auto climate control on my Discovery but usually overrode the settings as they were seldom want I wanted it to do. But the defrost butom was good as it set everything to clear windows & mirrors asap.

I now have automatic climate control and would never go back to manual! :rofl:

Chris

I don't find it too bad, keeping the temp right is the main thing, tend to have the fan on '2' and just direct it where I want it, which does change, admittedly ;)

Fully automated is nice for sure, and if it had been an option I would have probably got it, but it isn't bad :)