Most visits to the dealer

Mines in now with stop/start errors and epc light on. It went in a couple of months ago for a fix on a squeaking seat bolster. It went in last year for a replacement bolero screen because it had a mind of its own. It's also been in a few times for a rattle when cold from the gearbox, although all I get told is to put more mileage on the car and let it develop. Yeah develop past its warranty.

• Like 1

22,000mi 2 yo, less servicing, 6 issues in total on more than a dozen visits.: 

1. Head light failure - O/S light deviated far right and held position whilst driving 

2. heating control display fault - 4th LED failed to illuminate

3. Day time running light failure - initial failure due to condensation as a result of cap not fitted in repair #1, reoccurred days later same cause, intermittant fault persisting for following month

4. Heating failure (all or nothing) - 16'c cold, 17 'c scolding - likely a result of issue 2

5. Theromstat stuck open - took 4 weeks to source replacement thermostat, dealer unwilling to provide replacement vehicle insisting permanently running cold was not an issue. 

6. Adaptive headlight defaulted to lowest position - initially dismissed by dealer, eventually solved (very quickly) after threat of elevating issue to Skoda UK

I must admit, faults 3, 4 & 6 should have not been an issue but a lack of attention to detail and in general any quality in after sales service was the result in the repeated visits. 

I really should name the dealer in question, I don't think Arnold Clark in Inverness would like the bad press. I certainly won't be buying another car from them unless they change their approach. I'll continue to buy Skoda though.

Apart from 1 service visit, been back twice - 1st was wiper hitting A pillar which I sorted as they refused to adjust wiper arm. 2nd was rattling under bonnet which turned out to be air con pipe touching bodywork - sorted by slight adjustment & fitting sponge rubber between the two. Compared to the many cars I have owned this & my previous Octy 2 have been pretty good.

A mixed bag so far. They 'appear' to be either well built or prone to failure.(just like any other car I hasten to add)

Mine is breaking down less thesedays....As it spends most of its time at the dealer thus I never get the chance to use the car much. Win win??

• Like 1

Mines just come back from the dealer. My ss errors were due to an EPC fault not the other way round. A fault was found with the charge pressure actuator which was replaced. Fingers crossed now all will be fine. This is my 2nd skoda with little issues but my dealership have always been great. I have always had a soft spot for skodas, my grandfather always had new skodas from this dealership since the eighties. My father had a couple of skodas too, a 105 estelle and a light green Favorit, you'd think those 2 cars alone would put me off skodas for life but no.